Rex Ambassador

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Ihad a shave with my Rex yesterday and it was fantastic. Using MdC Fougere 3 passes on setting 2. Little to no drag. Again the flat blade style and forward safety bar reminds me of the PILS, even on the face. Praise to the Rex!

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I've heard there is a Type 'O' version. Does anyone know if there are any changes to the last version?

Like @Wayne I'm regretting selling my Rex.

motto

Forum GOD!
I should have my Rex today. I really need to work on dialling this razor in to get comfy with it.
I've heard there is a Type 'O' version. Does anyone know if there are any changes to the last version?

I hope you get familiar with the Rex at next try.
It is a great razor in terms of efficiency, build quality and look IMO. Mine is a M version, had no issues with it. Got the matching case for it some time ago. Noticed also that Razor Emporium now offers a matching stand.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I hope you get familiar with the Rex at next try.
It is a great razor in terms of efficiency, build quality and look IMO. Mine is a M version, had no issues with it. Got the matching case for it some time ago. Noticed also that Razor Emporium now offers a matching stand.
Executive Shaving carry the matching stand and case. The case looks very, very nice but £80.00 is a bit steep.

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!

The alpha and number are not really "version numbers", but are date codes. If you look at the Rex website, they say that they're following the Gillette system of alpha year and numeric quarter.

Mine, which I bought from Connaught, is N4 I.e. last quarter of 2018. I don't think there are any design changes in recent years releases, but I recall they had to fix some things from the very earliest releases.

I find it one of my best razors, and perhaps the top one of all my adjustables, both ancient and modern. I've not encountered the much-reported "drag" problem, ever.

junipertar

Forum GOD!
I find it one of my best razors, and perhaps the top one of all my adjustables, both ancient and modern. I've not encountered the much-reported "drag" problem, ever.
I also have the "N" version, and I've never had the drag problem as well. Nor do I find it too aggressive as suggested by the comments here, but to each their own. I bought it just because it was a solid steel adjustable. It is a great shaver, it is a handsome piece of kit, it is a keeper. Is it the best razor I've tried? No, the R41 has it beat.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
The alpha and number are not really "version numbers", but are date codes. If you look at the Rex website, they say that they're following the Gillette system of alpha year and numeric quarter.

Mine, which I bought from Connaught, is N4 I.e. last quarter of 2018. I don't think there are any design changes in recent years releases, but I recall they had to fix some things from the very earliest releases.

Apologies. I must have missed your reply.

I did own one (N variant) and loved it, eventually as I did struggle with the drag. I’ve only recently sold it but regretting it now. Although @Wayne has mentioned a few things which he ‘thinks’ might have been changed. The only thing I’ve found on a couple of other forums is the finish of the head now matches the handle.

There were a long list of amendments after the M variant. If the only change to O variant is the finish, it means Matt is doing something right.