reading books at night in bed, anyone?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2936

My first kindle was the last generation of Kindle Keyboard (which I think was actually the second generation Kindle).
It was quite surprising that it smelled like ink.

I also found that the physical buttons it had were quite nice. I admit that while I like the smell of some paper types, I have never developed a paper feel fetish some people seem to have.
With books that are well bound, it's not a problem, but with some with e.g. binding too stiff or fragile, buttons have 'em beat.
thats the kindle i got

i remember getting it cheaper from the amazon warehouse as refurb but came brand new boxed

D

Deleted member 2936

@Mike Smart which kindle do you have? how much do kindles go for nowadays?
just looked whats this kindle oases? over £200 which seems like a lot to me,
swea ri paid something like £80 odd for my kindle years ago

wonder if i can fix my kindle? they dont work shows battery error or something on the screen, dont remember

D

Deleted member 2936

wow im shocked i managed to get my kindle working, God knows how though lol

just the other one i cant get to do anything the light at the bottom doesnt even light up orange when i put it on charge at all

its stuck with it saying amazon kindle with a picture of a tree on the front

D

Deleted member 2936

Got them both working now can't believe it lol 😂

They wouldn't load up years ago and then I couldn't be bothered with them so left them at a side as you do and just didn't sell them as faulty as they were still connected to my Amazon account

by chance reading this thread and our resident @Mike Smart kinda inspired me to fix it, as normally when I have issues with technology I like to give it a go at trying to fix it before giving up on it

Thanks guys 😊😁

D

Deleted member 2936

Kindles not working again, maybe they are faulty after all lmao 😂

Got this from dunelm half price, never really worth 20 imho but anyways hope it helps

Loads of stock in my local dunelm

IMG_20220105_134446.jpg

Boycie83

Space Cadet
so guys i got this thing called gimble,
its really good, got to be a bit careful with paperback books as it can crease the book cover otherwise its good, not the best solution but not bad for reading in bed and generally reading too

What a faff when you want to turn the page. I don't see the point in that at all.

D

Deleted member 2936

What a faff when you want to turn the page. I don't see the point in that at all.
yea i know what you mean but once in position it literally takes just two seconds and its done,
its handy even when just reading a book anywhere whether it be on the desk or lap sitting down

it adjustable so good for even really thick books or smaller ones too