reading books at night in bed, anyone?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2936

hey people so i like to read beds when im in bed at night but the thing is i get a lot of pains in my arms/hands,
sorry if this sounds stupid but i was wondering is there any gadgets or anything i can use to help hold the book or anything like that?

like ive got a mobile phone neck holder, which you can use to hold the phone whilst laying in bed, so was wondering if theres anything for books?

this is what i mean in regards to the phone holder if youre not sure as to what i mean

p.s sorry wasnt sure where to post this

bartje-p

Legendary Member
^^ + 1
I do almost all my daily reading in bed, with an ereader (kobo in my case). Very rarely I read a "normal" book, but I am always glad once I have finished it, because like you said, it isn't very comfortable holding it. Invest in an e-reader, you will never look back.

I must admit, I like the feeling of an actual book better than an ebook and love to see front and rear of the book, but these advantages do not outweigh the advantages of an ereader.

D

Deleted member 2936

A Kindle or other e-reader?
i used to have a kindle but some of the islamic books i read i cant get in the kindle format mostly in pdfs and at the he time the kindle couldnt display the pdfs well, but that was years ago

D

Deleted member 2936

Unless you like to collect books or prefer them to digital, then @Cheesepiece gave the answer. I’ve used a kindle for over 10 years now and like the fact that it can store thousands of books whilst weighing far less than an average paperback. You can also get suction cups for the back to make the reader easy to hold in bed.
yea thing is if its popular books its fine as most come in the kindle format or available directly on amazon

kindles are good though with the e ink technology, doesnt really hurt your eyes too

D

Deleted member 2936

^^ + 1
I do almost all my daily reading in bed, with an ereader (kobo in my case). Very rarely I read a "normal" book, but I am always glad once I have finished it, because like you said, it isn't very comfortable holding it. Invest in an e-reader, you will never look back.

I must admit, I like the feeling of an actual book better than an ebook and love to see front and rear of the book, but these advantages do not outweigh the advantages of an ereader.
not a problem getting it but i do prefer having a proper book im my heads in generally throughout the day its just at night when i have the issues

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Yes similar to yourself I like to read before I fall asleep. Had the same issues with the neck phone holder. So I switched to audio books, via the Kindle app. I leave it on a timer for 30mins and can't complain.

Vacumatic

Testy
Audiobooks, Audible is very good, great selection of free books, good narrators and the ability to get your credit back if you don't like any book you have downloaded
I bought so many audio books on cd, they were a great way of making long journeys by car just fly by, many classic novels but also modern detective books.

I suppose CDs are a thing of the past.

An aside. I saw my PA reading during her lunch hour, I asked what it was,

'It's by Katie Price'

'Is it a novel?'

'No, it's a book'.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
When our County Libraries closed due to Covid, I signed up for digital books to read on mini I Pad. I did not think I would adapt to this system as an alternative to real books. I am really pleased at the volume of books available to download, as the App is used throughout UK/ USA.