Review Razorock Hawk v3 Stainless Steel

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Do you suppose the longer handle made you angle the razor into a more favorable position?
I’ve used both a long and shorter handle but can’t say that it makes you adopt a different angle. To me, the head design leads to a very intuitive angle that produces a very good result.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I’ve used both a long and shorter handle but can’t say that it makes you adopt a different angle. To me, the head design leads to a very intuitive angle that produces a very good result.
Just had my second Shave with The OC + a longer handle. For me the Razor no longer is fierce and uncomfortable during a Shave , today the Shave was smooth and comfortable,and I had no trouble getting a First Class close all round finish. This Razor is no longer up for sale.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I have tried both The Hawk V3 A plate and OC with handles of different length, and find the OC to be the more aggressive of the Two. I have quite a tough beard and like to Shave daily, and think that The A plate version would suit the majority of Shavers it works very well for me with a Schick Proline blade. I rate it as one of the best conventional AC/SE Razors that I have used and value wise it is a great buy- under £60 + Postage and Any Fees.

IMG_0861.jpg
IMG_0862.jpg

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
I have tried both The Hawk V3 A plate and OC with handles of different length, and find the OC to be the more aggressive of the Two. I have quite a tough beard and like to Shave daily, and think that The A plate version would suit the majority of Shavers it works very well for me with a Schick Proline blade. I rate it as one of the best conventional AC/SE Razors that I have used and value wise it is a great buy- under £60 + Postage and Any Fees.

View attachment 72300View attachment 72301
Agreed.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
First shave with the A plate and, following @MPF9 advice I used a longer handle. My lather wasn’t optimal (sample of MdeC rose) but even so, the razor felt very safe and I completed a very satisfying and close two pass shave. I’d consider myself moderate when it comes to beard growth but would recommend this plate - supposedly the most aggressive - over the standard plate.

Boycie83

Space Cadet
Now available from Shaving Station:

jimthecamera

Forum GOD!
bought one of the v3 stainless steel-hawks- last week-came with the super knurl handle-and very well made and polished indeed -swopped the handle for a spare outlaw suregrip one- (as I had a spare executive shaving polished stand- to fit it in to)-so added a tad more weight behind it-on a par with my 2 polished mongooses- and I would say that it is on a par- or even smoother than my all time favourite se-executive shaving's v3 se -and a far superior shave that any of my- att se1 or se2-superb 2 pass very efficient shave -this morning-with no touch ups required- removing 3 days of growth- in an easy 2 pass shave- used the A&E so cal hipster- soap and splash-the smoothest se-that I have used to date yet- still superbly efficient -even on the standard plate-i used a new kai captain mg pro touch mild blade -for the hawks first use-which for me is the smoothest se blade-that I have come across to date- I can wholeheartedly recommend this razor to fellow shavers-

razorock hawk v3 with super knurl handle.jpg

jimthecamera

Forum GOD!
so impressed this morning- with the s/s hawk standard baseplate-v3 -performance-that I have just gone- and placed an order- for the more aggressive A plate hawk v3-in s/s and super knurl handle-version-as well- to source one- whilst they are still available -as I can see these flying off the shelves quite quickly-just goes to show- that there is no need to pay premium prices for old and second hand-mongooses etc- for a bbs shave these days-thanks to razorock and their policy of keeping prices affordable??

vates

Legendary Member
Yes, I add washers to all of my razors where applicable.
This allows me to tighten the thread firm and secure, without the risk of accidentally snapping it.
Some shavers add washers to protect the finish between their handles and baseplates. Beats me.

jimthecamera

Forum GOD!
-got around to using the final razorock razor for todays shave -as wanted 3 days to mow down!so the new hawk v3 in s/s- on the a for aggressive plate- performs excellently-after first pass nothing really left- did an atg second pass- and clean as a whistle for sure- with absolutely no touch ups at all-used the new Italian soap which is superb in slickness and cushion- and a very efficient shave- if anything a tad rougher -in use than the standard plate hawk-v3 in s/s that I bought 2 weeks back- - but by here -it removes all before it-so another one to hang on to- for very little monies!similar face feel to using my carbon titan in 1.08 gap-with nothing at all left behind-so one happy guy- today -as was a bit apprehensive as to whether or not -it would be a different beast -than the standard plate-if in a hurry- I would simply use the standard-but it was probably just me being a bit cautious with the increased blade gap -on the a plate one.all in all an excellent shave-now to decide if I also need the open comb version ??

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I’m thinking of getting one of these and have a question - how does the standard stainless razor compare to the aluminium v1 head in terms of smoothness and efficiency?