SeanC

Forum GOD!
I picked these up from eBay a few weeks back:

IMG_20190728_020237.jpg

IMG_20190722_004107.jpg

IMG_20190722_004133.jpg

IMG_20190722_004534.jpg

IMG_20190728_021532.jpg

Belgian stainless blades were certainly a new one for me, and the pack size is very unusual in that it's an outer box containing 4 x 10 packs, but I'm pretty sure this was for ease of posting as the insert card inside the box is for mail order purchases. A little digging around online however reveals that they are actually manufactured in Solingen, Germany or West Germany as it would have been then: https://gonevintage.com/vintage-safety-razor-blades/189-razi-sprengers-solingen-germany-herentals-vintage-safety-shave-razor-blades.html Call it an educated guess, but I would probably say the Wilkinson Sword factory is the source bearing in mind the UK equivalent produced own-label blades

In terms of the three core physical metrics of any DE blade, these score very highly indeed for both sharpness and smoothness, longevity isn't quite as good as some other NOS blades at 6 shaves, but on balance these are indeed a fine blade.

I would be really interested to hear if any members from Belgium could shed any further light on either company or product?