Quite a few YouTubers are trying this lathering method...

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
I just tried this and yeah I’m not doing it again lol. The entire puck came loose and while I had enough foam to try it it just wasn’t worth it for me. Now airing out the entire puck (outside of the tub) to make sure it’s completely dry.

I did it with a tub of Wickham rather than one of the superfatted American soaps as there’s less perishable stuff in that.

Last edited:

R181

Grumpy old man
I have been a face latherer for a loooong time and set in my ways that work for me. I won't be trying it but if it works for some people that's OK too.

Bob

Steve

Boomer Member
Let's see... do I want to continue my journey with traditional wet shaving, or build a better mousetrap that adds absolutely nothing to the experience? No brainer. This is the problem with YouTubers.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Couldn't be bothered to watch it all, and I didn't have the sound on, all I saw was someone filling the tub with water and shaking it like a cocktail... Did I miss anything?

I won't be trying this...
Not really lol. Supposedly it quickens the process as you’ve added loads of water and then shaken it up to create a foam and you build off of that foam. It sort of works but it’s also pointless.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Y’all just mad that you’re not looking like that silver fox in the video aren’t you, with his tub shaking antics and lashes of foam.