Proraso Super Formula

D

Deleted member 1881

I have been reading good things about the premium single blade range on the other forum I am on.

Bob
Pretty thick cream Bob, takes a lot of water, highlight of the cream is slickness. If you shave with an axe like the ones you use, make it thinner, you can thank me later.

D

Deleted member 1881

If I was Proraso, I would release first the Super Formula and after a year the Single Blade.

R181

Grumpy old man
Pretty thick cream Bob, takes a lot of water, highlight of the cream is slickness. If you shave with an axe like the ones you use, make it thinner, you can thank me later.
Thanks for the heads up. I don't mind thick so long as it has enough water in it to keep it slick and not dry out.

Bob

Randomangle

Über Bum
Far more easy to understand the Super Formula. Totally different tube. Yes, updated version.

Thank you Randy for the clarification ... it's been a long time since I bought Proraso.
To further confuse you Stuart is now stocking the premium single blade range in 100ml tubes :wink:

Thanks you James for adding to my confusion. :thumbsup:

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Lately I've noticed I'm becoming lazy at times and I sometimes don't want to have to deal with rinsing off shaving soap and letting it dry before putting it away. On top of that my American artisan soaps have become more expensive because of import duties. So I started looking at shaving creams. I absolutely adore the scent of Proraso Sandalwood and discovered RasoiGoodFellas. After doing some research, I stumbled upon the Proraso Single Blade shaving creams too, so I eventually ended up ordering Proraso Sandalwood shaving cream (Super Formula) and Proraso Single Blade Azur Lime shaving cream from RasoiGoodFellas.

I've only used both shaving creams once so far and I'm not used to using shaving creams, but I can already say the slickness (both primary and residual) of both shaving creams is excellent. Sadly enough I did experience quite a bit of burn from the Azur Lime shaving cream (scent-wise it's a very fresh, citrusy lime scent, I see it as a cousin of Proraso White). So I eventually placed a second order consisting of Proraso Single Blade Cypress & Vetyver shaving cream, Proraso Sandalwood aftershave balm and TFS Witch Hazel.

Used Proraso Single Blade Cypress & Vetyver shaving cream once so far and no burn, so that's good news. It's clearly a woody scent to my nose and it reminds me a bit of Proraso Sandalwood. Not sure yet how much better the Single Blade shaving creams are compared to the Super Formula shaving creams. Need more shaves with both for that. But I find both excellent in terms of slickness. I think where American artisan soaps still have the advantage is in terms of post-shave feel especially if you have (really) dry skin (and don't want to use a balm afterwards). I have oily skin, so I don't need much hydration. In fact, some American artisan soaps can feel a bit "too much" for me in terms of hydration levels (e.g. Zingari Man).

All in all, my initial impression of both the Super Formula and Single Blade shaving creams is excellent and on top of that they're cheap/dirt-cheap.

CobraX

Forum GOD!
You don't need to rinse soap, just use it and then leave the lid off until it's dry.
There are only 2 options for me:

1) not using a shaving soap
2) using a shaving soap, rising it off and letting it dry before putting it away

Every other option is unacceptable to me. Others may be fine with that, but I'm not.