Proraso Green Question

ewkist

Forum GOD!
My journey into traditional shaving a few weeks ago began with Proraso white cream. The sweet tea tree oil and citrus smell is exactly like all of the reviews I read. The white is sweetly fragrant, and I love it.

I received my first tube of Proraso green yesterday, and it smells a bit like Desitin diaper cream. All of the descriptions and reviews for Proraso green describe the menthol and eucalyptus, and how refreshing, crisp, and fresh it is. What came out of my green tube lathered and performed as expected, but it has a dull heavy diaper cream smell that does not at all resemble what everyone else describes. I detected no menthol effect.

It seems unlikely, but is it possible my new tube of green is defective or spoiled?

The scents of the four lines are as follows:

Green =Menthol Eucalyptus
Red= Sandalwood
White= Green apple and citrus (lime)
Blue= Amber, Spices, Liquorice and musk

I quite like the scent of the green though I haven't tried the new reformulation.

D

Deleted member 1881

The scents of the four lines are as follows: Green =Menthol Eucalyptus
Red= Sandalwood
White= Green apple and citrus (lime)
Blue= Amber, Spices, Liquorice and musk

I quite like the scent of the green though I haven't tried the new reformulation.
Slicker than the older one, but I find the soaps even better than the creams.

D

Deleted member 1881

They messed around with the scent of Proraso Green??? Why do they keep doing that? Haslinger. Proraso. The Body Shop. I'm sure others. When are people going to understand that different isn't always better?
I believe it is just marketing. Bad marketing of you ask me.

Proraso Green new formula is not THAT different in scent, but directly from the tube is way milder, it is difficult to get the full smell.

I have them both in front of me now, the older one is 2years old and smells like it is fresh. A bomb.

ewkist

Forum GOD!
Thanks RandySp and Boycie83. I cannot compare to the prior version. I am just very surprised at how dull and lifeless the scent seems to me. The white is deliciously fragrant to me. I guess I know which tube I will be replacing when they run out.

D

Deleted member 1881

Thanks RandySp and Boycie83. I cannot compare to the prior version. I am just very surprised at how dull and lifeless the scent seems to me. The white is deliciously fragrant to me. I guess I know which tube I will be replacing when they run out.
The white soap smell is exactly the same. I have both tubs.

The Blue and Green are different. More faint, mild. The new Blue lacks the smell of licorice, there isn't any in the ingredients anyway.

ewkist

Forum GOD!
Just to follow up and close the loop. Just as one should not judge a book by its cover, I would add “do not judge a new tube of cream by what comes out first.” Before removing the cap tonight, I squished the cream front to back to try to mix the contents a little. (Don’t do this too aggressively or a hole will develop in the tube). I have now successfully experienced the menthol, order is restored, and all is right in the universe again. Thank you for the insight.