Post Your Dream Car(s)

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I've been daydreaming about cars a lot lately so thought this would be fun. And since it's always impossible to pick just one, pick as many as you like. I'll start.

image.png

My father had one sort of like this but with less robust wheels and tires and in a baby blue. I've always dreamed of getting one just like it since he sold it for mere pocket change back in the 70's. I've never gotten over that one. This one looks fantastic but has one fault. It needs to be a manual transmission and this one is an automatic. My father's was a 3 speed 6 cylinder. Anyway, I want this.

image.png

When I was teen in the 70's I would see these and thought it would be fun to drive on a windy back country road. So a Triumph TR6 is on my list.

image.png

I've always salivated at the Porsche 911. Still do. I'd go for an air cooled model as they can be had for reasonable sums of money. And I like the color of this one.

image.png

No. I'm not James Bond. But this Aston Martin DBS V12 has to be on any respectable gentleman's list. That I'm not respectable or a gentleman is not the point.

image.png

And no collection of dream cars would be complete without what is arguably the most beautiful automobile to ever grace this planet's roads. And it has to be a convertible and it has to be a manual transmission.

Now all I need to do is win the lottery so I can build a temperature and humidity controlled garage to house these 5 gorgeous babies.

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I almost forgot. I already own one of my dream cars. I always salivated at Audis as a kid and preferred them from a looks perspective over Mercedes and BMWs. But I lamented that they were always underpowered and unreliable as compared to their counterparts. Until now. I finally got myself a 2012 Audi A6 3.0T with the brown leather interior and the 5 spoke wheels. I'm nearing 100,000 miles, it still puts a smile on my face every time I get in it and I hope to keep it until they take my license away from me.

image.png

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Hmm. A Honda Civic (Type R) and a Subaru Outback would suit us perfectly. I suppose that they’re realistic propositions too. Maybe an MGB GT in the garage for fun dies?
We had a Subaru Outback LL Bean edition. I loved that car. Unfortunately we bought it the first year they reengineered the model. First the moonroof motor went. Then the transmission started slipping. I would have bought a newer edition but the wife got turned off to the brand and opted for a used low mileage Acura MDX. I can’t deny that I loved that SUV. But I also loved the Outback.