Possible fake Gillette yellows

Discussion in 'General Shaving' started by Wayne, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

Hi Gents,
    I have just bought 100 Gillette yellows from the bay. Last lot I got were decent blades! These look fake. Only printed on one side, no numbers on the blades and Arabic writing on the pack. I thought these were Russian, not aware of them being made elsewhere.
    Any help appreciated before I file a fake product claim with PayPal.

Cheers
    W.

2. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

Any pics or links Wayne?

3. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

I will post pics tomorrow Lee.

RandySp and Rowlers like this.
  4. SeanC

SeanC Forum GOD!

Could well be rebranded with single side laser etching the same as other Gillette products. AFAIK these are primarily made for Pakistan and could contain Urdu. I'd try them first

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Wayne likes this.
  5. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

Will do mate, Looks like the bin man will be having some rougher shaves soon

6. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

Photos added
    03351CEA-77E5-444B-A6AE-7CD7D8120EAD.jpeg 08D4B63D-61C9-46EE-B6F4-B3340949E199.jpeg
    Possible fakes top and right on packets and originals top on blades. As you can see, different packets, one with Arabic writing and P&G (Procter and Gamble) on the pack. The etching is not as dark and nothing on the back unlike the Russian blades.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  7. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

Update!
    I just had a message from the seller advising they are packed for the middle east market but are genuine and to try one, if I don't like them he will refund. Cannot ask for more really. I'll try one in the Seygus, one side of face with Russian, one with the other.
    That should tell me if they are right.

TobyC, Rowlers and guy1307 like this.
  8. Pat-W

Pat-W Legendary Member

20190313_080055-01.jpeg
    This should also be printed on the side.

Good to hear the seller will refund. Good luck with the shave.

Wayne likes this.
  9. les24preludes

les24preludes Über Member

These should be really sharp blades - one of my top favourites along with Nacet and Astra SP.

My Nacets came from Jordan, and they have been genuine despite being repackaged and cheaper on ebay.

Once you've tried a few, report back - others could be interested. I got mine from Connaught and they're certainly sharp, but always interested in some more since I use these.

Wayne likes this.
  10. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

It has that on the side.

Pat-W likes this.
  11. Pat-W

Pat-W Legendary Member

As mentioned above, maybe they have been rebranded Wayne.Let us know how you get on with them.

Wayne likes this.
  12. ScOtt

ScOtt Forum GOD!

All of the recent blades coming out of that factory only have etching one one side of the blade, which is hard to see in certain light.

Pat-W likes this.
  13. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

Cheers Scott, are these Russian made?

14. 2hot 2trot

2hot 2trot Forum GOD!

I thought the same when I bought some Astra SP's from the bay back last year.

Astra blades 1 (2).jpg

The original on the right but the factory changed to the blade on the left and turned out to be genuine. Note the Arabic writing.

Pat-W likes this.
  15. ScOtt

ScOtt Forum GOD!

Yeah mate. I have blades from same factory in Russia, permasharp and Gillette platinum. They are slowly changing them all to etched on one side.

Pat-W and Wayne like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice