Photo of the day

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
AA0A2F28-5873-4F76-B46B-86481D25A508.jpeg

Been out in the garden and picked a few Sweat Peas. Love them, the scent of warm summers to me. Always remind me of my grandfather, he had a huge garden and grew them every year. We didn’t have a car, mum and dad never drove or owned one. We would hop on the train from Southampton up a few stops to Eastleigh and a walk to Bishopstoke. Always left with a big bunch of sweat peas, so these are for you grandad.

Darron

Veteran
Took a day out yesterday to visit the National Gallery in London and to have lunch in Covent Garden with a friend.

IMG_0820.JPG

We stumbled on a rather impressive bridge called The Bridge of Aspiration designed by WilkinsonEyre linking the Royal Opera House and the Royal Ballet School. I felt it deserved a couple of photo's to share. Hope I did it justice.

IMG_0822.JPG

Looking back down Floral Street towards The Bridge of Aspiration.

IMG_0806.JPG

We also stumbled on Penhaligon's in Wellington Street just off Covent Garden. The smell literally being pumped out into the street was enticing and temptation very strong. The urge for coffee and a good conversation with my friend won over the justification of why I needed to go into the shop. Coffee, conversation and the company of my friend was good. Oh, and the National Gallery...

IMG_0802.JPG

...was tiring for some but not for us. :giggle:

Vacumatic

Testy
View attachment 96739
Been out in the garden and picked a few Sweat Peas. Love them, the scent of warm summers to me. Always remind me of my grandfather, he had a huge garden and grew them every year. We didn’t have a car, mum and dad never drove or owned one. We would hop on the train from Southampton up a few stops to Eastleigh and a walk to Bishopstoke. Always left with a big bunch of sweat peas, so these are for you grandad.

A similar story for myself, father grew sweet peas which flourished in the sandy soil of our garden. A delicious smell, and a reminder of times gone by.