Photo of the day

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
Green on that leaf is pretty damn good too.
Thank you again! I'll say that direct light sources can be this lenses worst enemy but when you're conscious of them it's easy to produce some good results with it. Very 'basic' in its feel but great fun in that regard, too.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Thank you again! I'll say that direct light sources can be this lenses worst enemy but when you're conscious of them it's easy to produce some good results with it. Very 'basic' in its feel but great fun in that regard, too.
Trick is to snap away, try different settings and try to take different angles. Digital photography is of course excellent for this, delete is great !

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
At least your dog stays still long enough to take a photo. Our Springer is far too busy.
I've found that teaching them to sit can pay dividends, especially if you've a valuable enough treat. You have to have a good amount of fortune on your side. Surprisingly, Daisy is quite subdued in that she'll not bounce off the walls 24/7, but she rarely looks in one direction for long. Photos of her can be fairly tricky. There's definitely an element of luck that produces these sorts of photos! Same applies for Mabel, but she's definitely 'busier'.
The Eye Autofocus on the A7iii is also invaluable with the recent updates to allow for animal eye recognition (first photo).

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Well didn’t go very well ! Need to sort out faster shutter speeds. But that’s photography !

Attachments

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
😊 I took about 200 photos of blurred bees the other day. They shift less predictably than you think don't they?
Absolute nightmare, very quick indeed. I quite like the lighting on the normal one with no bee in with the light green leaves and the darker flowers. Spent a whole hours sat on the grass with the camera set up, still a peaceful experience was had. I’ve always seemed to find the spontaneous shots some of the best.

Grarea

Forum Plod
Ditched yesterday’s tripod set up and went with just the camera. Few nice ones of Fred and better Bee shots.
Nice one. Yes, I was going freehand too. I was trying to get in close.
Disappointinly, the wind brke off the low flowering echeum, the next lowest flower now is something like seven foot up.
One day I will get one in flight. Need to plant more bee plants first. Contented myself with a couple of sationary ones.

This one was quite fun.
Couple of months ago.
It was loving something, it let me get close.