Photo of the day

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
'Small' collection?
Merely;
Sigma Super-Wide ii 24mm f2.8 (PK mount)
Kiron 28mm f2.8 (PK mount)
Pentacon GDR 30mm f3.5 (M42)
Super-Takumar 35mm f3.5 (M42)
Voigtlander Ultron 40mm f2 (PK mount)
Samyang 45mm f1.8 AF (Sony FE)
Pentax M-50mm f1.4
Pentax M-50mm f1.7
Pentax A-50mm f2.8 Macro
Industar 50-2 50mm f3.5 (M42)
Pentax K-55mm f1.8
Auto-Takumar 55mm f2.2 (M42)
Helios 44-2 58mm f2 (M42)
Pentax M-85mm f2
Jupiter-9 85mm f2 (M42)
Pentax M-135mm f3.5
Pentax M-200mm f4...

For now... :hyper:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Thank you again! I'll say that direct light sources can be this lenses worst enemy but when you're conscious of them it's easy to produce some good results with it. Very 'basic' in its feel but great fun in that regard, too.
Trick is to snap away, try different settings and try to take different angles. Digital photography is of course excellent for this, delete is great !

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
At least your dog stays still long enough to take a photo. Our Springer is far too busy.
I've found that teaching them to sit can pay dividends, especially if you've a valuable enough treat. You have to have a good amount of fortune on your side. Surprisingly, Daisy is quite subdued in that she'll not bounce off the walls 24/7, but she rarely looks in one direction for long. Photos of her can be fairly tricky. There's definitely an element of luck that produces these sorts of photos! Same applies for Mabel, but she's definitely 'busier'.
The Eye Autofocus on the A7iii is also invaluable with the recent updates to allow for animal eye recognition (first photo).

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
😊 I took about 200 photos of blurred bees the other day. They shift less predictably than you think don't they?
Absolute nightmare, very quick indeed. I quite like the lighting on the normal one with no bee in with the light green leaves and the darker flowers. Spent a whole hours sat on the grass with the camera set up, still a peaceful experience was had. I’ve always seemed to find the spontaneous shots some of the best.