Review Phoenix The Cube 2.0 Epic Slick Pre Shave Soap

• Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date

Prudence123

I love the cube!! I have the mentholated one which i use with PAA ck6 frost byte soap and splash. I am going to order the scentless one for when i use other soaps/splashes.
When my mate first put me onto it and told me just to wet my face and do a few rubs with the cube, i thought he was taking the p**s!! However as mentioned previously, add a touch of water to the fingers and start rubbing the face and it just explodes!! You get a great lather ready to then add your soap.
The other thing is the great value for money, as these will last you ages!!
I wont use any other preshave now ive been using the cube.

Ice Tee

I have been using the menthol one for two weeks, realy makes the shave much slicker and helps all the soaps that I have used much,much thicker. I am a newbie, so maybe easely impressed.

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
I have been using the menthol one for two weeks, realy makes the shave much slicker and helps all the soaps that I have used much,much thicker. I am a newbie, so maybe easely impressed.
You are lucky to have found the Cube so early in your shaving journey :)

Downhill

Veteran
Hmmm....

I might have to try the cube then. Mostly because the soaps with vegan base doesn't provide enough slickness like tallow based does, atleast not on my face. All my worst shaves in my 6 months of wet shaving with DE razors has been with vegan based soaps. Even Prorasos pre-shaves haven't worked with those. I was already considering to try some other sort of pre-shaves.

That's why I'm so enamoured of PAA and Stirling products because of their slickness and cushioning. But I want to use those vegan based soaps away. It's otherwise money thrown away.

Boycie83

Space Cadet
Hmmm....

I might have to try the cube then. Mostly because the soaps with vegan base doesn't provide enough slickness like tallow based does, atleast not on my face. All my worst shaves in my 6 months of wet shaving with DE razors has been with vegan based soaps. Even Prorasos pre-shaves haven't worked with those. I was already considering to try some other sort of pre-shaves.

That's why I'm so enamoured of PAA and Stirling products because of their slickness and cushioning. But I want to use those vegan based soaps away. It's otherwise money thrown away.
There's a fundamental flaw in your logic. PAA soaps are a vegan base. The Cube is vegetable based in its ingredients. There's plenty of very slick vegan soaps out there. Use tallow based soaps by all means but I don't think they're the answer to your problem. I suspect its either your technique which will improve as you continue on this journey or perhaps there's an irritating ingredient in the vegan base(s) you've tried.

Downhill

Veteran
There's a fundamental flaw in your logic. PAA soaps are a vegan base. The Cube is vegetable based in its ingredients. There's plenty of very slick vegan soaps out there. Use tallow based soaps by all means but I don't think they're the answer to your problem. I suspect its either your technique which will improve as you continue on this journey or perhaps there's an irritating ingredient in the vegan base(s) you've tried.
I had to check what my soaps has... And I think you are partially right. Those vegan soaps that doesn't work are actually really simple soaps. Just very few ingredients used. When PAA has something like million different oils used. Stirling soap I have uses tallow and its on bar with PAA. So it might be instead what those soaps lack. Tho, it might be also because my technique.