Phoenix and Beau: New Tallow Formula Name

phoenixandbeau

Forum GOD!
Etonian
Shakespeare
Monarchy
Lords
Minister
Mincemeat :giggle: It's not easy this name game. I was never good at calling people names at school. "Oi you, you, you, you..."

Why do you think I settled with 1912? Nice and simple! I'm sure whatever you call it Kerry it will be a good soap base.

What would be good, would be to see you capture the American market, that would make me happy.

Good luck with your new base. :okay:
Thank you, sir. You're a gentleman for saying so :).

Also I can’t speak for anyone else but I’d be reluctant to buy a 2oz soap in any formula - I research my purchases and wouldn’t buy if it wasn’t the right thing to buy for me - so why would I want a half portion?
It's an interesting point and something we're working over. Naturally the quantity would be reflected in the price 👍.

Outside of this, thank you everyone for your suggestions. You've certainly got me thinking, and I'll let you know which way I go once I've settled on something.

Kind regards,

Kerry.

JonnyBGood

Forum GOD!

It's an interesting point and something we're working over. Naturally the quantity would be reflected in the price 👍.

Outside of this, thank you everyone for your suggestions. You've certainly got me thinking, and I'll let you know which way I go once I've settled on something.

Kind regards,

Kerry.
How about the 2oz soaps and maybe filling the current 4oz tubs to the brim to give a very satisfying 6oz? I’d be quite giddy to get your soaps in a size like that - I hate it when they start to run out, even though I can simply buy another, I love the one I’m using and want it to last forever.

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
I like variety and member of the "clean plate club." Average soaps that last more than 40 shaves gets boring (or takes up den space for a year). Favorite soaps (Bufflehead for me) can be used for special occasions (new brush, razor, big event, etc). For most soaps, 3-4 oz (90 - 115 grams) in full size tubs is fine. My only complaint is purchasing a limited edition/seasonal - becoming a favorite - not released again (White Chapel and Baskerville).

For names
Dr Soap
Momentous
Extraordinary
Taming of the Tallow

honeywoodjohn

Forum GOD!

Kind regards,

Kerry.
I would actually prefer 2oz - better to take away on travels, more space to store more soaps and easier to try a larger variety at once.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
For those of us not living in the early 1960's, 2oz = 56 grams. I Googled it so you don't have to. :wink:

I'd also not be interested in smaller tubs; if I like the scent I want a full tub, if not I'm not going to use 60g of it I'll move it on.