Paradigm Shaveware SE (AC type)

Rasatura Bagnata

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•
Aren't the Feather Pro Supers supposed to be too thick for the Paradigm? I know that many people use them but I believe the manufacturer recommendation is to avoid them (?). Of course it's your razor and your choice of blades. Have you seen any sign of wear due to the Pro Supers?
I use the Pro Supers and have noticed no wear. After each shave I disassemble and clean all my razors and then reassemble using blade oil, so maybe that's the reason I've noticed no wear and no issues sliding the top cap along its channel. There is still a wee bit more clearance to go with a Pro Super when I push the top cap all the way down against the two baseplate bearings, meaning I am not wedging or forcing the thicker Pro Super along the bottom-side of the top cap. I use a natural blade oil that does not affect my skin. Buttery, buttery, buttery smooth shaves with the Pro Supers.

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Just a quick thread revival. Pulled out the Paradigm Ti SE for this mornings shave. A very smooth and comfortable shave was had. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Schick, Kai and Feather Pro's work nicely in the Ti SE providing comfortable daily shaves without much issue. But, the Feather Pro Super was meant for this razor. No harsh or rough feeling from this blade installed in the Ti SE. It tames it nicely while the Pro Super gives it just that right amount of blade feel and cutting prowess that is magnificent. What I have really noticed is that this razor and blade combo working in the ATG pass. As effective as any other blade/razor combo I've used regardless of blade format. Just works flawlessly on the against the grain pass with supreme comfort and efficiency. Very well designed and engineered with precise machining tolerances that rank with some of the best out there. Though the handle is love/hate, I've learned to deal and accept it as it really isn't uncomfortable to hold as it exhibits excellent balance and tactile feel. Blade insertion/removal is brutally easy and care of the razor is even easier.

A superb performer all around. Nitpicking? Perhaps was the entry price at nearly $400 but, that is always subjective to many. The majority will say "no razor is worth that kind of $$$" while a select few would chime in by saying "worth every penny spent". I king of agree with the first group as I thought $200 was already outrageous for a shave tool. Curiosity in the end got the best of me though. Yep, as the minority who've tried this razor have said "totally worth it", I have to agree. With todays prices of uber niche razors and how it seems that prices are slowly escalating, sometime in the near future the Paradigm Ti SE might be considered a bargain....

Time will tell. In the meantime, it's a true pleasure to use....

78E6EA51-7AF9-4262-B541-9F3A9127DBD5.jpeg

wintoid

Out of control
Perhaps the Paradigm SE will improve with more use and learning.
20 months later! I sold the Paradigm back in 2018. For some strange reason I purchased another earlier this year. My opinion has completely changed. I read back through my own comments on this thread, and I don't agree with myself!

I mostly use the Paradigm with the Super blade and I find it exceptional. The Super seems to be the blade I enjoy the most in all FAC razors. I've got several months of experience with the replacement Paradigm now, in between my experiments with the Feather shavettes, so this is a relatively considered opinion. The Paradigm SE would now be the razor I would grab in the event of a house fire.