Paradigm Shaveware SE (AC type)

rabidus

Forum GOD!
That seems a good thought, but as production has ceased for the General, as it has for so many
AC/SE Razor they are all becoming hard to get hold of. Will be interesting to see if DeeCee has further thoughts on AC/SE now we have put forward some ideas.
The ATT SE1 is still being made and it is an outstanding razor, with a Proline!:D

I find the SE1 a tad more efficient than the General, nothing to sneeze at though.

rawfox1

Forum GOD!
What is wonderful is how much you can change the feel and agression of the razor. Put in a Proline or Kamisori and you get a smooth comfortable shave and put in a Feather Super Pro and it's like adding a more aggressive efficient plate. One of my top favorite razors.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
The 5th shave with the Pro Super and I still feel like it has 2-3 more great shaves in it. It has been the best blade in the Paradigm Ti for me over the Schick Proline and Kai blades, hands down. Just has been excellent shaves...
And the A&E soap/aftershave combo are just superb. Really good stuff with a great scent (Creed Aventus clone of the fruitier batches) that is in your face but, very pleasing and masculine.

74E102DC-A412-409C-A30A-7549AF182B07.jpeg

E050CEE6-93E5-4C08-8AF1-87BBAB9638F1.jpeg

DeeCee

Dan
Thanks for the input guys. At the mo I use a Schick L1 with proline blade which is a lovely mild razor, the only one I've found so far that I can go fully atg with without causing irritation / soreness. I own an alu general head which I use with a Bulldog handle...... But I have run out of blades for it, last one I used was the feather Pro Guard which I found horrendous. Went in the bin after 1 use.
So from previous reviews it seems like the paradigm may be a nice mild alternative that I could use atg, but the cost is substantial. I may invest in some proline p-30 for the general and see how it goes. I'm experiencing terrible shaves at present even though I've not changed any hardware.... Its bizarre when up until a couple of weeks ago I was enjoying fantastic shaves

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Thanks for the input guys. At the mo I use a Schick L1 with proline blade which is a lovely mild razor, the only one I've found so far that I can go fully atg with without causing irritation / soreness. I own an alu general head which I use with a Bulldog handle...... But I have run out of blades for it, last one I used was the feather Pro Guard which I found horrendous. Went in the bin after 1 use.
So from previous reviews it seems like the paradigm may be a nice mild alternative that I could use atg, but the cost is substantial. I may invest in some proline p-30 for the general and see how it goes. I'm experiencing terrible shaves at present even though I've not changed any hardware.... Its bizarre when up until a couple of weeks ago I was enjoying fantastic shaves
Hi.
Pleased to hear you have an Alu general which when used with Schick Proline blades should work well. As someone has suggested the ATT SE-1 is a good S/S Alternative, and would be a Razor with which to hone your shaving skills, rather than the Milder/more expensive Paradigm. Especially as you have stated an interested in moving on to straights. Have you thought of trying Vintage SE such as a 1912, a much cheaper alternative to AC/SE, and they deliver great Shaves.

The Prolines are available from Connaughts if you need them quickly, most folk seem to order direct from Japan which takes a couple of weeks.
Mike B

jpshaver

Forum GOD!
So I have a chance if picking one of these up although it’s at full retail. It’s pricey so should I pull the trigger. Posts so far suggest yes

Petronius

Forum GOD!
After first use I am really impressed by Paradigm SE. For me best SE in its category on market, but with right blade. Ferrari, S-Class or Tesla win also in their own category. Paradigm SE will never be nimble like Vector or will not have blade feel like my other favorite Cobra Classic, but overall gave me absolutely smooth and effective shave. Yes, I need 3 pass shave (with Cobra only two and touchups), yes due to construction I have small problem under my nose, but with more practice I believe it will be much better. My opinion is based on only one shave so my final opinion could be slightly different, but I think Andy nailed it. I will not talk about price, because for me affordable without any problems so its up to buyers. I am satisfied. Look of this razor is too personal also, but I am neither disappointed nor keen on. Lighter weight of titanium works well for this robust built razor also.

@struttura.originaria , @Holyzeus

Marcos

Forum GOD!
After a good amount of shaves using the Schick Proline Blade I’ll have my first go tomorrow with a Feather Super. I enjoy everything about the razor but I’m hoping for an increase on my first pass efficiency as well as blade feel.

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
After a good amount of shaves using the Schick Proline Blade I’ll have my first go tomorrow with a Feather Super. I enjoy everything about the razor but I’m hoping for an increase on my first pass efficiency as well as blade feel.
The Pro Super will give you a really nice bump in efficiency while still retaining almost all of the smoothness and feel of a Proline.

Marcos

Forum GOD!
Professional Super has made this razor absolutely amazing. I can’t see myself using another blade it it now. Just as smooth and stable with just the right amount of increase of blade feel and efficiency. So perfect and still so mild feeling.