Paradigm Diamondback (Formerly Javelin)

motto

Forum GOD!
Just received my shipping notification.
After my previous post in this thread is fair to say: I received this razor at my US address.
I was lucky to get a razor in the first round a few weeks ago. I am glad to see that this turns in the right direction finally. I am really looking forward to your opinions regarding the shaving preformance. This thread was much about supply issues.
Regards Marco

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
After my previous post in this thread is fair to say: I received this razor at my US address.

I was lucky to get a razor in the first round a few weeks ago. I am glad to see that this turns in the right direction finally. I am really looking forward to your opinions regarding the shaving preformance. This thread was much about supply issues.
Regards Marco
Thanks Marco. Mine should arrive by Tuesday, fingers (and everything possible) crossed.

It will be good to get some photos and reviews on this thread. It's been disappointing and frustrating to say the least. I really hope the razor is worth the wait.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
@Blackmass what’s the finish like on it? I understand there have been consistency issues with some.
You’ve heard right. I’d seen the feedback of those who’d received their razors before me. I had hoped after nearly four months of waiting the finish would be impeccable but sadly not.
There aren’t any issues with the handle but the top cap and base plate have different finishes.
The top of the top cap has a light brushed look. The underneath of the top cap is highly polished and the base plate has a light brushed finish. I will post photos tomorrow.

I’m extremely disappointed with the finish. I own a Paradigm titanium II and bought the second version, plus had the the SE on loan and all had a flawless finish.

I did use it tonight and the only saving grace is it shaves like a dream.

I’ll be contacting WCS tomorrow to complain about it. I’m not sure where I stand on getting a refund or asking for some cash back? I don’t want any discount codes either!

ajc347

Forum GOD!
You’ve heard right. I’d seen the feedback of those who’d received their razors before me. I had hoped after nearly four months of waiting the finish would be impeccable but sadly not.
There aren’t any issues with the handle but the top cap and base plate have different finishes.
The top of the top cap has a light brushed look. The underneath of the top cap is highly polished and the base plate has a light brushed finish. I will post photos tomorrow.

I’m extremely disappointed with the finish. I own a Paradigm titanium II and bought the second version, plus had the the SE on loan and all had a flawless finish.
That sounds like a nightmare Rob. I’ve been following this thread with interest and I can only imagine your sense of disappointment given the waiting times involved. ☹

neko

Drinking a nice cup of tea

I did use it tonight and the only saving grace is it shaves like a dream.

I’ll be contacting WCS tomorrow to complain about it. I’m not sure where I stand on getting a refund or asking for some cash back? I don’t want any discount codes either!
Same here Rob. The Diamondback's design and shave are excellent, only to be let down by product finishing.

Andy should speak with Blackland and H&S to come up with a solution. Hopefully other artisans will collaborate and support each other.

Rasatura Bagnata

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•
I’m extremely disappointed with the finish. I own a Paradigm titanium II and bought the second version, plus had the SE on loan and all had a flawless finish.
The Diamondback's design and shave are excellent, only to be let down by product finishing.
I wonder whether he used a different machine shop for the production of the Diamondback? The Paradigm razors that I own are all beautifully machined and finished. I hope the second Diamondback batch, which was mentioned to be sold directly by Paradigm, will be different? I hope so.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I wonder whether he used a different machine shop for the production of the Diamondback? The Paradigm razors that I own are all beautifully machined and finished. I hope the second Diamondback batch, which was mentioned to be sold directly by Paradigm, will be different? I hope so.
As I mentioned on an earlier post. I really don’t know why Andy didn’t send them back? I’ll leave it there before I go on a rant!