Completed PAL Injecto-Matic Injector Razor

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Thanks to the generosity of @Steve Bowles I can offer a pass around of a PAL Injecto-Matic injector razor:

The PAL injector razors have a very good reputation and many people believe they are the best that were ever made. Here is an opportunity to find out for yourself.

If you’re new to the whole pass around malarkey and want to know more, you can have a look at this article. Don’t be scared by the length of the article. I tried to cover every possible angle. It’s all quite simple, really.

Here are the rules:
This pass around is open-ended. The list will not close. Once the pass around is ‘finished’, the razor will come back to me (or stay with the last recipient), but it will be sent out again to anyone who is interested in trying it.
Shipping is by ‘signed for’ delivery. Second class will do. You send the tracking number to the recipient and to myself (@sɐǝɹpu∀).
You are responsible for the razor from the time you receive it until the time the next person signs for it.
Use the razor as much as you like, but don’t hog it and pass it on when you’re done with it.
If you already have injector blades, please use those. If you have spare blades feel free to add them to the pass around. There will be some Personna blades included in the pass around.
When you receive the razor there will be a blade in it. It will be a used blade from the previous person, as loading a blade into an injector without a blade is a pain. When you receive the razor clean it and put a new blade in it.
The PAL Injcto-matic is not suitable for twin blades. DO NOT USE TWIN BLADES IN THIS RAZOR!
Here’s a video showing how to put a new blade into an injector razor. You might want to turn the volume down.
I recommend using Barbicide to disinfect the razor.
Let us know how you get on with the razor. Share your experience.
When you are done using the razor and are ready to pass it on, please clean the razor. Nobody really likes handling a dirty razor. Please DO NOT REMOVE THE BLADE!.

So, who’s interested?
  1. sɐǝɹpu∀ / riverrun (ATG/TSR)
  2. You?
The list is open.

Legend: Completed, Currently with, Waiting

Last edited:

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Quick interim report

This is not the first time I've had the pleasure of trying a PAL Injectomatic.
There was a pass-around a while ago and I liked that Injectomatic a lot.
This one is no different. It's a fantastic little tool and if you haven't tried one yet - you should. I get fantastic shaves from it. The Injectomatic is a bit more aggressive (call it efficient) than Schick models. Make sure to use NO PRESSURE and find the right angle (easy) and you should get a fantastic result.
I've had five shaves with the Injectomatic so far. The first three were with a Personna blade and were really quite good. I'll include a magazine with 19 remaining blades with the razor.
However, using a Chinese Schick blade lifts the razor to another level. If you have some of those blades - use them with the Injectomatic. Unfortunately, I can't add a magazine of those blades with the razor - my remaining stock is dwindling.
Another blade issue that I need to draw attention to again, is that this razor is UNSUITABLE FOR TWIN BLADES. Do not use twin blades.
I'll have a few more shaves with the Injectomatic and the Chinese Schick blade and then pass it on.

• sɐǝɹpu∀ / riverrun (ATG/TSR)
  • fixedwheel (TSR)
  • Glen_Lee (TSR)
  • You?
The list is open.

mbarno

Forum GOD!
May I please join the pass around?
My Schick is my fave razor, so I’m eager to try this one.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Certainly, gentlemen.
  • fixedwheel (TSR)
  • Glen_Lee (TSR)
  • mbarno (ATG)
  • p.b (ATG/TSR)
  • You?
The list is open.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
The PAL Injectomatic is now on its way to fixedwheel on TSR.
I have included a magazine with 19 remaining Personna blades, but I highly recommend trying the razor with Chinese Schick blades if possible. I don't have many Chick blades left, so I was unable to add some to the pass around.
Do not use twin blades. They are not suitable for this razor.
I've had a bunch of great shaves with the PAL. If you haven't tried injector razors yet, or only Schick injectors, you should gives this razor a go.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
The pass around has now properly started.
  • fixedwheel (TSR)
  • Glen_Lee (TSR)
  • mbarno (ATG)
  • p.b (ATG/TSR)
  • shaunwistow (TSR)
  • bozz4fun (TSR)
  • You?
The list is open.

The pass around has now properly started.
  • fixedwheel (TSR)
  • Glen_Lee (TSR)
  • mbarno (ATG)
  • p.b (ATG/TSR)
  • bozz4fun (TSR)
  • You?
The list is open.

mbarno

Forum GOD!
The reason I asked to join this passaround was because my Schick injector is one of my fave razors.

I can tell the PAL is slightly more efficient, but they are so similar in design.
Here are some side by side pictures. PAL has the cream handle.

mbarno

Forum GOD!
@p.b I’m going to have my last shave with the Pal this weekend. Please can you PM your address, and I will organise shipping on Tuesday next week.

Thanks
Michael