PAA Brushes

Randomangle

Über Bum
What are the thoughts on the Phoenix Artisan brushes? How are the knots? Build quality (say compared to Yaqi)? Are the logos printed (liable to wear off) or etched into the base? You may gather that I may buy one.

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
I liked the one I’ve tried the Phantom Aerolite, but found it too big, at some stage though I’d like to pick up a smaller 24mm as the knot was great if a little soft.

Boycie83

Forum GOD!
I like most of them. They're like Yaqi brushes but with better QC. The three I settled on, in order of preference, are:

1. Amber Aerolite
  2. Peregrino
  3. Phantom Aerolite
Tried some of the others but ended up selling them. You know how this game is.

slapo

It's... alive!
I'm going to be brave and sleep on it ... it's my new approach to buying things. I think it's just to draw it out a bit more. Your photos are helping me. :wub:
Sleeping before deciding on a purchase has been my strategy, too, as well as repeated need-want-benefit interal dialogues. It usually helps prevent silly purchases.

I only have The Green Ray from the PAA offerings and have been pretty please with it. It's a little floppy, but as it turns out, I seem to enjoy both floppy and springy knots.
I don't often face lather, but that little brush turned out to be surprisingly pleasant and efficient for that, although it doesn't hold all that much lather.
Good for two passes and touch ups, though, and easy to rinse.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Sleeping before deciding on a purchase has been my strategy, too, as well as repeated need-want-benefit interal dialogues. It usually helps prevent silly purchases.

I only have The Green Ray from the PAA offerings and have been pretty please with it. It's a little floppy, but as it turns out, I seem to enjoy both floppy and springy knots.
I don't often face lather, but that little brush turned out to be surprisingly pleasant and efficient for that, although it doesn't hold all that much lather.
Good for two passes and touch ups, though, and easy to rinse.
Agree on the Green Ray, it is a bit floppy. But it’s ohhh sooooo soft!