Oumo

halvor

a most elusive fish
9F318473-7BBC-4B6C-9D44-EF5C103BDC7E.jpeg
EA1423E0-8FF9-44EE-9915-D644107AB6AE.jpeg
0709CEF1-6BC3-4562-9FF9-F03A5609B9D9.jpeg

Here are my two super high density bulbs. 26 and 28 figuring top and bottom, left and right in the two knot pics.

Brushes: Left is a 28/51 in an opening marginally bigger than 28, right is 26/49.5 in opening of 27.6. I had expected a bigger effect of the opening to knot ratio, but the 28 is in fact the one with the more flowthrough despite being the one in a tighter opening and set deeper, relatively speaking (knot to loft is 1:1.8, cf 1:1.9 for the 26).

(Handles are Wild West Brushworks and CRV, to give credit where credit is due.)

One also sees clearly how the treated tips clump together when wet. Pillow soft, but mine don’t crust when they dry up, nor is there much hooking to talk of. I’d thus not say that they exhibit gel tips.

Last edited:

GoReds

Forum GOD!
That 28mm knot looks great.

I have a wooden handle with a knot already. I am tempted to get a 28mm manchurian for it but don't know if that size would be too big for me.

I wish somebody could help me with a reknot of a wooden handle here. Is it easy to reknot a wooden handle?

D

Deleted member 1881

So these knots are better than 24mm Frank Shaving 2band Manchurian let's say?

Number Six

Forum GOD!
This handle looks polished and shiny, but the ones on the AliExpress site all look rather dull and a bit rough, almost like fresh out of a 3D printer. Did you specifically request yours like this, or polish it yourself, or is this how they actually come?
This was how it was offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
I’ve had my eye on that white one for some time but i’ll probably be away when it lands and don’t want to risk it being sent back

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Anybody tried their synthetics? They list Boss, 3 colour, and Thick Synthetic Tuxedo. I'm interested and have a couple of aluminium handles to fill.

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Anybody tried their synthetics? They list Boss, 3 colour, and Thick Synthetic Tuxedo. I'm interested and have a couple of aluminium handles to fill.

It's not on their AE page right now, but they had the next Gen Synth knot as well. If you're interested in that send them a message via FB.