Completed Option Five - Finished.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
I have the razor in my possession. Looks great!
Enjoy!
  1. sɐǝɹpu∀ / riverrun (ATG/TSR)
  2. p.b (ATG)
  3. Rowlers (ATG)
  4. Blademonkey (TSR)
  5. Mr_Smartepants (ATG/TSR)
  6. Whosthedaddy (TSR)
  7. Mr Bigmem (ATG/TSR)
  8. Les Dupondt (TSR)
  9. Wayne Pritchard (TSR)
  10. matt925b (TSR)
  11. You?
The list is open.
Legend: Completed, Currently with, Waiting

Mr_Smartepants

Genius Member
First shave was yesterday. Sorry I haven't had time to do a detailed review but I will today or tomorrow.
First impressions are: Good razor. Overly bulky for something that is non-adjustable. Well balanced and decent blade-gap/exposure.

Mr_Smartepants

Genius Member
OK, I've used the razor twice now and I've got my opinion on the razor.
Here it sits in the box.

It's quite a large-ish razor and bulky but not "portly". It fits in the hand very well and the satin finish ensures that it is grippy when wet and there's no chance of dropping it unlike some smooth/polished handles.
To load/remove a blade, the user simply presses both buttons on either face of the razor at the same time. The top cap will then pop off.

The balance point is where the handle/head join at the pinch point.

The head has quite a bit of blade exposure while keeping the blade gap at a relatively 'mild' setting. Because of the added exposure, thin blades may flex more than on other razors. I found that the shave experience was a tad more aggressive than a Weber, or between a ATT M1 & R1. Not mild, but not aggressive either.

When the blade is seated on the razor head, the hollow posts keep the blade mostly centered but there is some "wiggle room" which could potentially allow the blade to become off-center.

The top-cap fully encloses the blade ends so there's no chance of scraping the ends against your nose/ear/etc. The only part of the blade that exposed is the cutting edges.

To remove the blade from the top-cap, simply press gently on one of the side tabs and the blade pops up out of the cap.

A couple of drawbacks however.
First; I use a tall barber's jar filled with Barbicide and the bulky razor handle is filled with some sort of weighted sand/grit/pebbles with no drain holes. So if you soak your razor in warm water while you lather up, you'll find that liquid will drain from the razor at the oddest angles either from the head or from where the head meets the handle.
Second; I found the razor to be very bulky for not having any adjust-ability. There's no reason for it to be that bulky other than for stylistic reasons. There's tons of room inside for adjustment mechanics.
Overall, a very nice shaver with some room for improvements.

Last edited:

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
The razor is now with @Les Dupondt. and the list looks like this:
  2. p.b (ATG)
  3. Rowlers (ATG)
  4. Blademonkey (TSR)
  6. Les Dupondt (TSR)
  7. Whosthedaddy (TSR)
  8. Mr Bigmem (ATG/TSR)
  9. Wayne Pritchard (TSR)
  10. matt925b (TSR)
  11. You?
The list is open.
Legend: Completed, Currently with, Waiting

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Whosthedaddy has gone AWOL. I hope he's alright. The razor is now with Wayne Pritchard over on TSR..
  2. p.b (ATG)
  3. Rowlers (ATG)
  4. Blademonkey (TSR)
  6. Les Dupondt (TSR)
  7. Whosthedaddy (AWOL - TSR)
  8. Wayne Pritchard (TSR)
  9. Mr Bigmem (ATG/TSR)
  10. matt925b (TSR)
  11. You?
The list is open.