Opinions on the RazoRock MJ-90A?

sev-8

Forum GOD!
Have seen a few places selling this razor and have heard it compared in feel to the EJ DE89/Muhle R89, but haven't been able to find (m)any proper reviews of it. Can anyone give their opinion? Have recently put a few razors in a "to BST" box once I feel it's safe to head to the Post Office, so have some gaps that I could fill with new hardware.

slapo

It's... alive!
There was a thread about it on B&B a while back where most people found the MJ-90 (the mild plate) too mild and others thought the MJ-90A plate was just a little more efficient than an actual EJ head. Which I think was basically what RR marketed it as, if I remember correctly.

Not a head for me (I really don't get on well with EJ/Merkur style head designs), but I think Connaught have them for a better price than most.

sev-8

Forum GOD!
Yeah, think I've been through both of those threads and am still not super clear. Might have to watch the 30 minute review on YouTube

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
I have the MJ90 with both the normal mild base plate and the more aggressive A plate. As mentioned above, the milder plate is really too mild for me.

The A plate is very similar to the DE89, but I find it has slightly less blade feel than the DE89.