Omega shaving cream in a 100 ml tube

R181

Grumpy old man
Bought a tube of Omega shaving cream today for the attractive price of $8.00 CAD. Used it in this evenings shave. It lathered easily, as most creams do or should do, producing a nice rich and slick lather. Lovely close and comfortable 4 pass shave using a Wolfman WR1-OC 0.74 gap razor and a new GSB blade. I am sure the lather would have been more than good enough to use with a straight razor which is what I normally shave with.

First impression is that it is a very serviceable shave cream that won't break the bank. It has a pleasant eucalyptus scent but not overpowering as in the eye watering producing kind. Overall, quite happy with the product. I doubt that will change much with further use but we will see in a week for sure.

Bob

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Thank you for the heads up, rarely do I find a cream suitable for straight razor shaving. Probably more so my technique but will certainly try this.

R181

Grumpy old man
Thank you for the heads up, rarely do I find a cream suitable for straight razor shaving. Probably more so my technique but will certainly try this.
If you try it I hope it works for you but as I said it works excellently for me which is not to say it applies universally. Just a convoluted way of saying ymmv. On the up side, I wouldn't say my shaving technique with a straight razor is master class either.

Bob

tramal

Forum GOD!
In a german forum they said, that the Omega Soap is the same as Proraso. I wonder if the cream is also the same, or a different animal?

R181

Grumpy old man
In a german forum they said, that the Omega Soap is the same as Proraso. I wonder if the cream is also the same, or a different animal?
No idea if they are the same. All I can say is from having used the Green Proraso shave soap the consistency is not the same as the Omega shave soap and neither is the scent. I have not used the Proraso Green shaving cream but would think the same applies there too. Personally, as good as the Proraso is I think I prefer the Omega shave soap and shave cream based on performance of the lather I am getting.

Bob

tramal

Forum GOD!
No idea if they are the same. All I can say is from having used the Green Proraso shave soap the consistency is not the same as the Omega shave soap and neither is the scent. I have not used the Proraso Green shaving cream but would think the same applies there too. Personally, as good as the Proraso is I think I prefer the Omega shave soap and shave cream based on performance of the lather I am getting.

Bob
All right. So I will buy this cream and find it out......

R181

Grumpy old man
All right. So I will buy this cream and find it out......
You won't hear me saying that any shave cream/shave soap is the best but only that it works or doesn't work for me and if I like it or not. If you do get it I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

Bob

tramal

Forum GOD!
You won't hear me saying that any shave cream/shave soap is the best but only that it works or doesn't work for me and if I like it or not. If you do get it I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

Bob
So, finally I ordered a tube....