Omega Knots

Randomangle

Über Bum
Does anyone have information on Omega knots, such as how far down they are set? Are they easy to get out? I have had one Omega which I regret selling (slightly) as the knot was great but the handle was not to my taste ... 20102. There is a masterplan gradually coming together which involves a delightful handle stuffed with a splendiferous knot.

R181

Grumpy old man
Omega brushes have the knots set in a retaining cup which is inserted into the handle. If you like the boar knot in the Omega 20102 as is, you should be able to easily remove the knot with retaining cup and simply put it into the new handle.

Bob

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
Do you think it would come out of the cup with a bit of careful cutting?
...with a bit of luck you should be able to prise the cup out without damaging the handle. Mine come out with a sharp tug or you may need to resort to a flat screwdriver to get under the lip of the cup...

Randomangle

Über Bum
...with a bit of luck you should be able to prise the cup out without damaging the handle. Mine come out with a sharp tug or you may need to resort to a flat screwdriver to get under the lip of the cup...
But will the actual knot come out of the black plastic cup?

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
Tried saving the handle of my Omega 20102 after a botched up top-trimming job but that brush is build like a tank.
The wood handle has a spine rising deep into the plastic section with a flared lip, which immersed in the resin locks up the wood handle deep into another plastic ring insert touching the knot itself. while the plastic cup housing is not 'in' but forms the outer black case with a nickle ring that is not some fancy trim and it is a solid built with some real heft to it; locking everything firmly.
In short I started with pliers and ended with a hammer; completely destroyed the handle in end.