Omega EVO Silversynth

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Seller is liable for return postage if the item is faulty. Totally binary. In fact, you are quite within your rights to ask for prepayment

I'm surprised normal RM International Tracked & Signed at c£10 isn't good enough

I've used this company on numerous occasions to send items to Brazil and Mexico: https://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk
They're a consolidator who gets significantly cheaper bulk rates with the major carriers. If you get stuck making a booking (site not always user friendly) then give them a call - very helpful

Ultimately if they play silly b*ggers go down the chargeback route

Last edited:
Reactions: p.b

p.b

Forum GOD!
When I told that this brush is overpriced..

What could offer more than a Yaqi Tuxedo?
Nothing. The Tuxedo seems to be much better!
Based on what? Prejudice, guess work? On what data did you decide it was overpriced?

The Chubby 2 and Muehle XL are both more expensive and they are shit loads better than a Yaqi and any Tuxedo I've tried.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Seller is liable for return postage if the item is faulty. Totally binary. In fact, you are quite within your rights to ask for prepayment
They have offered to reimburse me, but I would say it's technically not faulty it just does meet my expectations

D

Deleted member 1881

Based on what? Prejudice, guess work? On what data did you decide it was overpriced?

The Chubby 2 and Muehle XL are both more expensive and they are shit loads better than a Yaqi.
Based on my shave instinct. If a Yaqi doesn't perform well, you just throw it inside the bin. No problem.

60£ for an Omega + the shipping is a lot of money for my wallet at least. But my budget is low, I admit.

I would definitely buy a Frank Shaving G4 instead for 20$. Do you think it would be worse than this?

Over a certain price point, some things lose their real value in mind, just like Martin De Candre. Just the appearance of this brush, doesn't fit the bill you paid, but that's just me.

In any case, don't be upset. It is just a poor man's thought.

p.b

Forum GOD!
If the knot didn't have the glue bump then this would be well worth the €60 (including shipping) that it cost. The handle is fantastic, the fibres are soft but the glue bump (which none of us knew it would have, even if a few of us were concerned about it) stops the knot from splaying. It's so close to being a very nice brush.

p.b

Forum GOD!

I'm surprised normal RM International Tracked & Signed at c£10 isn't good enough

I've used this company on numerous occasions to send items to Brazil and Mexico: https://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk
They're a consolidator who gets significantly cheaper bulk rates with the major carriers. If you get stuck making a booking (site not always user friendly) then give them a call - very helpful

Ultimately if they silly b*ggers go down the chargeback route
I'll see what they say once they've seen the Royal Mail costs. I'm also surprised Tracked and Signed isn't good enough. Thanks for the info.

D

Deleted member 1881

If the knot didn't have the glue bump then this would be well worth the €60 (including shipping) that it cost. The handle is fantastic, the fibres are soft but the glue bump (which none of us knew it would have, even if a few of us were concerned about it) stops the knot from splaying. It's so close to being a very nice brush.
I thought that the real problem were the fibres quality...

Yes, if the glue bump is high, and is unusable, then they must send another one.

Fingers crossed it would be better than this.

And yes, a brush without any splay is not good. But aren't you afraid that if it hadn't any glue bump at all, would be floppy or something like that?

SeanC

Forum GOD!
They have offered to reimburse me, but I would say it's technically not faulty it just does meet my expectations
I would conclude that any glue bump more than a very few mm is a defect and even YaQi now concede that. A way of evidencing that is below. Benchmark against EJ or Muhle which are a similar price

The Chubby 2 and Muehle XL are both more expensive and they are shit loads better than a Yaqi and any Tuxedo I've tried.

p.b

Forum GOD!
No. Get a Yaqi and invest the rest of the money in jellybabies and Hobnobs.
Tried that, and whilst Jelly Babies are my favourite sugar based food I've had three Yaqi brushes and they all had monstrous glue bumps so I won't be going there.

Bob

Veteran
Hmmmm...jellybabies are a plus 1... But hobnobs are for a different time frame...go jaffa cakes...cant go wrong.

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Tried that, and whilst Jelly Babies are my favourite sugar based food I've had three Yaqi brushes and they all had monstrous glue bumps so I won't be going there.
I've got a few Yaqis and only one doesn't have a significant glue bump, but the downside it's a little too floppy. But that is irrelevant, what it is however is you find a way to consume some Jelly Babies. I like to bite their heads off first.