Omega EVO Silversynth

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
I hope the situation improves soon too, in Spain and elsewhere in the world. Jose explained to me that the parcel is being held in a sorting office in Barcelona until further notice due to the situation. He offered to dispatch the brush again but I told him there’s no need. I will just wait until the situation improves and I’ll receive my original order eventually. No hurry :)
Just wondering if your package has moved yet? I have something on the way from yourshaving that was stopped for a few days but just got passed onto Austria today.

Rasorium

Legendary Member
Just wondering if your package has moved yet? I have something on the way from yourshaving that was stopped for a few days but just got passed onto Austria today.
Hi. Yes, arrived a few days ago - it had been held up at a postal office in Barcelona. Probably the same with yours but if it’s now in Austria you shouldn’t have to wait much longer 👍

JohnN

Veteran
Aside from the printed graphics (although others I’ve seen on here are much better executed than mine) I love the performance of the brush. Handle and knot are excellent, lathers well, water retention not bad for a synth and I have to admit I’m loving this thing!
Apparently the glue bump is not an issue on your brush.

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
No issues with the glue bump and I’ve ordered another one, so fingers crossed that the glue bump is good on that one too.
Mine does have a glue bump but what what is considered normal. I‘m thinking perhaps this is the way they are constructed. Mine also has a slightly flat top. I like the handle and the performance though, one just asks the question if this is the way they all perform.

hamleto

Anyone having Trafalgar T3 and Omega EVO want to compare these two?

And the "Veteran" handle worth the extra 10€ asked?

JoeLr

Forum GOD!
Anyone having Trafalgar T3 and Omega EVO want to compare these two?
I am bad at reviews, but I did post my impressions at another forum the beginning of April:

Re: Omega EVO vs. Simpson T3
Maybe I should've started a new thread? Nahhh....I am bad at reviews, this will be short and sweet.

I have used my EVO 4 times since receiving it 3 weeks a go, and I gave my newly received T3 a run today.

tl; dr -- if I had to choose, I'd roll with the EVO, but I'm glad I get to keep both

--Backbone lovers will choose the EVO

--those who value softness of tips will likely favor the T3, though the EVO is no slouch in this regard

--those who value scrub would choose the EVO over the T3

--I said upthread the T3 seems to splay more readily, and I stand by that, but i have the sense that many users who value backbone and love stiffer 2-band badgers might read the T3 as on the floppy side, but that most certainly is not me. The EVO splays just fine, thank you, as far as I'm concerned.

--Ease of lather? I need to use the T3 some more with various soap/cream, but using it with SV Opuntia today, it whipped up a slick, glistening lather easily. The EVO likewise has done this with 3 different soaps. It's too early to tell if there's a winner between the 2 brushes in this category, but my sense is the EVO might be slightly ahead.

--Aesthetics? Ehhh....some picky users might find the engraved Omega handle a bit much; personally, I can "get" someone not caring for the lack of uniformity in font between "Omega" and "EVO". Personally, if it was me designing this handle, I would have put one of "Omega" or "EVO" on the bottom of the handle, not both together on the side. YMMV, and this is nitpicky as heck. The T3 is either "boring" or "elegant" depending on your POV.

--Build/balance/grip: for me, again, early, but the EVO wins this easily. It is a weightier tool, and has a grippiness in its composite handle that I really appreciate.

Rasorium

Legendary Member
No issues with the glue bump and I’ve ordered another one, so fingers crossed that the glue bump is good on that one too.
I felt the need to update this. I mentioned in my earlier post that I had no issues with the glue bump on my first Evo. The second one arrived and hey presto it has a horrendous glue bump. Obviously some glaring quality control issues at Omega, which is a shame at this price point.

p.b

Forum GOD!
I felt the need to update this. I mentioned in my earlier post that I had no issues with the glue bump on my first Evo. The second one arrived and hey presto it has a horrendous glue bump. Obviously some glaring quality control issues at Omega, which is a shame at this price point.
Yeah- it completely spoils what is otherwise a brilliant brush.

JoeLr

Forum GOD!
Yeah the more critiques I've read, the more fortunate I feel. My EVO is terrific; no humongous glue bump issues. When done right, this brush is right up there as the best synthetic one can buy. Needing to get lucky at ~$65USD just isn't right, however. That's near the ceiling of what I'm willing to pay for any synthetic.