Review Old Spice original - How did I miss you?

Discussion in 'Fragrance, Cologne and Scents' started by ManicDee, Mar 14, 2019.

1. ManicDee

ManicDee Forum GOD!

Here is the thing, for years and years I have seen this stuff and never tried it! It has always been something I just never bought into, until earlier this month when I saw it in the chemist and thought what the hell, I will give it a go!
    Wow, Old spice is a cracker.
    Top Notes : Aldehydes, Spices, Clary sage, Orange, Lemon
    Middle Notes : Geranium, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Pimento, Cinnamon
    Base Notes : Ambergris, Benzoin, Musk, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Frankincense, Cedarwood

This scent has a fresh and spicy, masculine smell to it. Great for everyday use during the colder months,. I remember the old ads about the spice but no one in my family ever used it, that I am aware of. How they and I have missed out on this classic gem.

Maximus, Pat-W, N_Architect and 5 others like this.
  2. Fox

Fox The Soap Artisan

Welcome to the Old Spice club. :)

3. carbold

carbold Carlo

I agree, it’s probably my favourite amongst the cheap ones, fairly unique in its scent. My only complaint is that it doesn’t last as long as some others, like for example Tabac

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Maximus and Pat-W like this.
  4. Pat-W

Pat-W Legendary Member

My favourite old school splash.

carbold likes this.
  5. Tzimisce

Tzimisce Veteran

It is not the Old Spice it used to be...
    Unless you bought it from a guy in India that has the Shalton recipe. :)

ManicDee likes this.
  6. Hahaha. Get in there and stick it along side, Paco Rabane, Aramis, Kouros, Brut etc etc. Some of these smells from my youth are hard to beat. Aramis inparticular draws great comments from today's uninitiated.

Edit . - OOPS, forgot the Quorum. :D

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    Shaverrific666 likes this.
  7. ManicDee

ManicDee Forum GOD!

Ah Kouros, you where the first ever aftershave,that I used. When lost was my shaving virginity.
    How it stung like a mother *%$£3R and blood dripped into the sink, splish, splash, bliss.

Paper Plane and Shaverrific666 like this.
  8. Len

Len Forum GOD!

Today's 'New' Spice is certainly not the 'Old' Spice. Thankfully, B&M's Reserve Spice is a dead ringer for the original! Prefer it over the original actually, as it has better longevity, and has WAY BETTER skin healing/soothing properties.

ManicDee and Maximus like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice