Old man tech question (transfer files from phone to pc)

Grarea

Forum Plod
I just realised I can do speech to text on my phone.

I found Speechnotes which says will allow me to long dictation without a time pressure which is what i am after.
Other ones i looked at had a countdown timer or something. I want time to think and am planning on doing fairly long dictates.

It also reckons I can organise files or something.
I am open to suggestions to alternatives though.

I want to record and then bring to pc and save as a Libreoffice doc. (Word equivalent)

Well, I saved a tester file on my phone.
I saved it to 'Notes'. (Is that the right thing to save it to?)

Plugged in USB to pc.
Can't find the file.

I have transferred photos from phone to pc and music from pc to phone before.
So I know that is fine.

Thanks.

slapo

It's... alive!
Are the Notes the old built-in Android app? I'm not sure the built-in notes app used to save it anywhere but to its internal storag. Perhaps you could open up Notes and export it from there. Or you could install a mobile office suite or Google Docs and use that instead.

Grarea

Forum Plod
Yes it is built in.
Just called 'Notes'.
I think i have looked everywhere I can see when it is plugged in to pc.
Just tried to export it from notes, but there is kind of no options to do anything.

Sounds like I need to install something better. Thanks.
Any suggestions?

slapo

It's... alive!
Google Docs should be free, and you should be able to edit those documents on your computer via your browser, after you've logged on to your Gmail account, once the docs sync over the Internet.

Grarea

Forum Plod
Can't i just save it as a doc on my phone, then plug it in and open it as a 'word' doc type thing on my pc?
I thought it would be simple :laugh:

slapo

It's... alive!
I think I found and installed the app on my tablet. Notes are what the app calls a document. The only export option I see is to a PDF. The app seems to be only partially working on my device. I'd suggest calling it hot garbage and trying a different app.