Occam's Hiram Commander

David hughes

Forum GOD!
I was wondering anyone has any experience with the 3 dot plate on the commander. I recently acquired one and when I put a blade in the 3 dot plate it rattles round like a loose filling. The 2 dot plate is absolutely fine. I'm not sure if its meant to be a bit loose and its supposed to be more aggressive?
any help will be much appreciated. Cheers

koenfucius

Forum GOD!
Mine is not rattling. I really like the 3 dot plate, comes close to the Cobra Classic. The 2 dot plate, I did not like - not efficient enough

slapo

It's... alive!
I was wondering anyone has any experience with the 3 dot plate on the commander. I recently acquired one and when I put a blade in the 3 dot plate it rattles round like a loose filling. The 2 dot plate is absolutely fine. I'm not sure if its meant to be a bit loose and its supposed to be more aggressive?
any help will be much appreciated. Cheers
You might want to email the vendor if you can, it's possible you got a bad 3 dot plate and they might exchage it.

slapo

It's... alive!

David hughes

Forum GOD!
Nice one thanks. I’ll just bite the bullet and order one. It’s definitely not right
In case it is, the replacement plates are fairly reasonably priced: https://www.classicshaving.com/collections/occams-razor/products/occams-razor-replacement-heads .
Postage might work out to be fairly expensive.

Having said all that, while I don't have the Hiram Commander, I do have the Occam's Razor (which is basically a different handle) and there isn't really any rattle in mine.
nice one thanks. I’ll just bite the bullet and order a new plate. Thank you

p.b

Forum GOD!
Which one is the Hiram commander? I had the Cobra looking one and the blades in that are supposed to ‘float’ and so they can rattle.

David hughes

Forum GOD!
Which one is the Hiram commander? I had the Cobra looking one and the blades in that are supposed to ‘float’ and so they can rattle.
yer is the cobra looking one, it rattles far too much like the blade moves up and down a lot. its not a bit of play its super rattly

slapo

It's... alive!
Yep. Sounds like mine but still gave a great shave. The only problem I had with it was the weight.
Makes one wish they just made the heads with an M5 thread, doesn't it?
Having said that, the Occam's razors' handle is actually alright. I'd probably prefer using a different one, but it's an interesting experience.

David hughes

Forum GOD!
Makes one wish they just made the heads with an M5 thread, doesn't it?
Having said that, the Occam's razors' handle is actually alright. I'd probably prefer using a different one, but it's an interesting experience.
I’m tempted to get the standard one as well. It the moment I’m using the 2 dot with a feather super. It’s the first single edge razor I’ve had and I’m loving it.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I’m tempted to get the standard one as well. It the moment I’m using the 2 dot with a feather super. It’s the first single edge razor I’ve had and I’m loving it.
Don’t bother, I have never used the basic plate on my Occams or the Hiram Commander. I have quite a heavy beard and actually moved from a 3 to 2 on the Hiram Commander and get good results. Personally if you get good results on 2 stick with it, Postage from USA is expensive.

David hughes

Forum GOD!
Don’t bother, I have never used the basic plate on my Occams or the Hiram Commander. I have quite a heavy beard and actually moved from a 3 to 2 on the Hiram Commander and get good results. Personally if you get good results on 2 stick with it, Postage from USA is expensive.
Thank you. It’s working fine on 2 with the super. I guess it’s just a case of making sure the 3 plate is right. I suppose I don’t really need to use it.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Thank you. It’s working fine on 2 with the super. I guess it’s just a case of making sure the 3 plate is right. I suppose I don’t really need to use it.
Not worth the hassle of trying to get a 3dot Plate. I had a great Shave with it today on a 2dot plate with a Schick Proline.

C5D147F9-4E07-4622-BF1C-660B9CA51880.jpeg

Last edited: