Not Xmas related Rock & Pop Quiz

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Nothing to do with Xmas Pop & Rock Quiz

Answers to me by PM, NOT on the thread. The winner(s) and answers will be announced on 27th December.

1. What one word links Blondie, Nick Lowe, David Bowie and The Beatles?
2. With whom did Iron Maiden want to share a stage according to their 1988 hit?
3. What links Max Bygraves, Mötörhead, Sade, Dave Edmunds and Bob Dylan?
4. What do the songs Baby Love, Plug In Baby, Spirit Of Radio and MMMBop have in common?
5. Who drove a "shiny red super stock Dodge" in which song?
6. In this order, what links The Bangles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Matt Monro, Jess Glynne, The Cure, Elton John and The Monkees?
7. What word links, Elvis Costello, Lynn Anderson, Judas Priest and Marie Osmond?
8. Which is the odd one out and why? The Corrs, The Carpenters, Kings Of Leon and The Walker Brothers.
9. What is the connection between a revered heavy rock guitarist with, in order, Prince, R.E.M., Donovan, Fleetwood Mac, Justin Hayward, Duke Ellington and Hole? Also, name the guitarist!
10. Who drove a "3 grand Deutsche car" on their 1973 hit?

Rules

For questions 1,3,6,7 and 9 you need to provide the link and the relevant titles.

No cheating by using search engines! It would only be a hollow victory.

steve

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Nothing to do with Xmas Pop & Rock Quiz - The Answers
  1. What one word links Blondie, Nick Lowe, David Bowie and The Beatles? Glass. Heart Of....., I Love The Sound Of Breaking..., Breaking... and ..... Onion.
  2. With whom did Iron Maiden want to share a stage according to their 1988 hit? Can I Play With MADNESS
  3. What links Max Bygraves, Mötörhead, Sade, Dave Edmunds and Bob Dylan? MB song Deck Of Cards gives you Ace Of Spades, Your Love Is King, Queen Of Hearts and Jack Of Hearts.
  4. What do the songs Baby Love, Plug In Baby, Spirit Of Radio and MMMBop have in common? All made groups comprising three members, The Supremes, Muse, Rush and Hanson.
  5. Whose drove a "shiny red super stock Dodge" in which song? Little Old Lady From Pasadena by Jan & Dean.
  6. In this order, what links The Bangles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Matt Monro, Jess Glynne, The Cure, Elton John and The Monkees? Days of the week. Monday, Monday, Tuesday's Gone, Wednesday's Child, Thursday, Friday I'm In Love, Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting, Pleasant Valley Sunday.
  7. What word links, Elvis Costello, Lynn Anderson, Judas Priest and Marie Osmond? Rose(s). A Good Year For The ...., I Never Promised You A .... Garden, Last ... Of Summer, Paper ...
  8. Which is the odd one out and why? The Corrs, The Carpenters, Kings Of Leon and The Walker Brothers. Walker Bros. All the the others are actually related.
  9. What is the connection between a revered heavy rock guitarist with, in order, Prince, R.E.M., Donovan, Fleetwood Mac, Justin Hayward, Duke Ellington and Hole? Also, name the guitarist! Prince - Little Red Corvette, R.E.M.- Orange Crush, Donovan - Mellow Yellow, Fleetwood Mac - Green Manalishi, Justin Hayward - Blue Guitar, Duke Ellington- Mood Indigo, Hole - Violet. The colours of the Rainbow. Which makes the guitarist- Ritchie Blackmore.
  10. Who drove a "3 grand Deutsche car" on their 1973 hit? Status Quo in Paper Plane.
No winners though.

steve

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
I swear I didn't see the answers but just reading the quiz I did terrible! haha! I got questions 1 & 2 right only! :D
At two right answers, I declare you are the winner! :D

I didn’t mean to make it really difficult but, going on the minimal responses I have received it must have been.

steve

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
The only one I knew was #5. The rest were too arcane for my elderly brain and it’s shrinking little grey cells.:confused::D

Vacumatic

Testy
A big thankyou to Steve for the time and effort in putting the quiz together, I have done something similar on an another forum and it takes fair old while to research the questions and to then put them in a forum post style.