Noob

Cheesepiece

Stickler
Welcome.
Blade selection on SE and injectors is a little simpler than DE as there are so few that are any good.
I think with SE you have only the Gem PTFE.
Injectors it comes down to Chinese Schicks (expensive enough) or the Japanese twins (ridiculously expensive). The Personna are bang average but not high priced.
My recommendation for SE would be to lean toward the Artist Club (AC) type which then opens up so many great blade options.
Injectors are cool and there's so many to choose from but a Supply SE or a Schick M adjustable would be my recommendation.

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
Hi All I'd just like to introduce myself my Names Ken, I'm revisiting wet shaving with DE's after an absence of 30 odd years, I'd always enjoyed wet shaving years ago, but went along believing more blades are the way to go, in reality it was like the trend when I Was younger, where I was always wanting more pockets and buttons on my baggies and wider Flares to stay ahead in fashion, So wrong.
I never actually felt any of the cartridge razors did the job, so about a year ago I decided to get back in to wet shaving, I haven't got a large or much of a spare budget, I haven't got a lot to speak of in the shave Den well box actually, so I've had to really save up to buy and stuff & not really knowing a lot about razors and being on that low budget I just stuck to cheap and cheerful razors, read the forums & my First purchase a Lord L6 for about a fiver, found it was a really good shave especially for the money, I also got a few cheapie razors off the bay, saved up for a Fatip piccolo open comb which gave a real close shave, later I got a cheap Gillette tech, good but found handle too short and no weight to it, then got a couple of old open combs a souplex and a German hex shaped handle razor both good shaves but very short light handles, I just purchased a parker 96r really is a lovely shave, less than £20 and gives a similar shave to my birth year white slim gillette twist. But was looking now in the future to move to another type of razor something that wouldn't break the bank and thought either a SE or a injector razor, anyone have some thoughts or experience in these type of razors, cheers all.
Welcome, of course. I have always enjoyed using the mid 1930’s Schick injector razors and GEM blade holders. Both are affordable and blades readily available. They shave very well.