No Buy 2018

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
It's obviously too late for me to join in but I recently acquired my last item, an Envy Shave Luxury Silvertip to put in my Alpha T-400 handle. I now have all the equipment and software to have for a very long time. I literally don't have anything on my "To Buy" list right now. So I'll definitely go the rest of this year without buying anything else. I can't say if it will carry over into 2019 however.

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
It's obviously too late for me to join in but I recently acquired my last item, an Envy Shave Luxury Silvertip to put in my Alpha T-400 handle. I now have all the equipment and software to have for a very long time. I literally don't have anything on my "To Buy" list right now. So I'll definitely go the rest of this year without buying anything else. I can't say if it will carry over into 2019 however.
Best of luck.

Thug

Let's talk about 6, Baby.
I don't think I've done that bad this year.

The sum total of my purchases have been
- 2 x brushes from Black Eagle Shaving (have to support a local Vendor)
- Karve DE (Sold my Gillette Fatboy and used the proceeds)
- Wickham's group buy in September
- 2 raffle wins
- 200 Voskhod DE blades

I swopped out the Timeless 0.95 I won for a Wolfman Guerrilla and a bulb knot.

All done for the year!

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
My new goal is No Buy the week of Oct. 28 to Nov. 3. Covers 2 months.
Change my goal to Oct 29 to Nov 4. Grooming Dept had release Oct 28 and quickly sold-out. I really expect to sell some items and limit purchases to ebonite brush and if really in the holiday spirit plus lucky, Wolfman titanium.

D

Deleted member 476

Change my goal to Oct 29 to Nov 4. Grooming Dept had release Oct 28 and quickly sold-out. I really expect to sell some items and limit purchases to ebonite brush and if really in the holiday spirit plus lucky, Wolfman titanium.
Fooling no one. I see what you did. You just didn't want the disadvantage of adsorbing an extra hour resulting from the end of daylight savings time. :roflmao:

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I won't torture myself by abiding by a No Buy anytime. However, I made my last brush purchase in what I believe will be many years. I have pretty much every razor I have wanted and no longer sit on the bay looking for things. I will see what the local thrift store may have from time to time and if I see something nice I might consider picking it up. But it has to be something special. So I can safely say that going forward I'll be doing a Hardware No Buy. But I'm always looking for that next great soap or cream with a scent that blows me away and performance to go with it. And I also like checking out splashes. So I can't commit to a Software No Buy.

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
There was a Simpson M7 on eBay; a Manchurian, knot looked to be in good shape. Faux marble handle. At first was asking $200, then it was dropped to $125, a very good price. I was tempted, so I made a deal with God. I said "God, I want this brush. But I'm gonna go have lunch for an hour, and when I get back, if it's still available, I'll take it as a sign that you want me to have the brush. OK?" That way if my wife said anything I could say "Don't blame me. It was God's idea!"

I got back from lunch and the brush was gone.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
@Jacobite that is a divine intervention :)

Anyone who has bought nothing shaving related so far? That doesn't include those who think the dog told them to do it :)
I failed, but lasted just short of 4 months.

Last edited:

Cheesepiece

Stickler
@Jacobite that is a divine intervention :)

Anyone who has bought nothing shaving related so far? That doesn't include those who think the dog told them to do it :)
I failed, but lasted just short of 4 months.
I lasted until 10/07/18. 6 full months but I don't regret the purchase of a Taj bodger. It gets a regular outing and is my favourite at the minute.
Purchased some stuff for my secret Santa and this weekend while away in Brugges I bought some Williams shave cream as I didn't bring any shave soap out with me, intentionally so I could have a look at local stuff.
So, for me, no buy 2018 was largely a success with some minor infringements and one major lapse. I have no regrets.

MrK1

Forum GOD!
I managed to last 9 months or so. Not bad.

With the recent acquisition of the Blackland Vector, I think I have have everything now.

Anyone up for 'No Buy 2019'?

pimple8

Forum GOD!
I bought nothing in December so far [emoji23][emoji1787]

2018 was full of acquisitions for me. Now I tried lots of stuff, some classics and some new stuff. I have some favorites and i don't plan to experiment a lot so I'm sure 2019 will be slower. I will not commit to a No Buy year since i know I'll buy some soaps but i will spend at least 50% less than this year.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk