Nivea sensitive skin shaving cream

R181

Grumpy old man
I don't have sensitive skin as it survives my daily 4 pass shaves very well. That said, I decided to try out Nivea sensitive skin shave cream and their after-shave balm for sensitive skin with cooling effect to see if they would improve my shave results. After 3 shaves with this combination, I have noticed no difference in outcomes when compared to other shaves. To me, that indicates the shave cream and balm perform very well and just might help those who have sensitive skin and irritation problems.

The shave cream contains chamomile and witch hazel and has a mild scent from the chamomile. The balm has a mild cooling effect, doesn't leave my face feeling greasy/oily and a little goes a long way. Both products contain no alcohol. As a bonus, both are available to me locally and at an excellent price point. Neither will stand in the way of getting an excellent shave.

Bob

Zorro

Forum GOD!
I have used the Nivea sensitive post shave balm (white box) for many years and its a great product. A small amount goes a long way, as you say.

If i just want a post-shave splash, i use a bottle of plain witch-hazel, which seems to work as well as any after shave does for toning and tightning the skin (and its just £2 a bottle from the local supermarket)

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I don't have sensitive skin as it survives my daily 4 pass shaves very well. That said, I decided to try out Nivea sensitive skin shave cream and their after-shave balm for sensitive skin with cooling effect to see if they would improve my shave results. After 3 shaves with this combination, I have noticed no difference in outcomes when compared to other shaves. To me, that indicates the shave cream and balm perform very well and just might help those who have sensitive skin and irritation problems.

The shave cream contains chamomile and witch hazel and has a mild scent from the chamomile. The balm has a mild cooling effect, doesn't leave my face feeling greasy/oily and a little goes a long way. Both products contain no alcohol. As a bonus, both are available to me locally and at an excellent price point. Neither will stand in the way of getting an excellent shave.

Bob
I think I’ll give both a try, as they are on sale at our Shoppers’.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm is the only substance known to mankind that I'm allergic to.
For years I thought I had very sensitive skin because I had a rash every time I shaved even though I was using Nivea Sensitive.
Not using the stuff convinced me that not having a full beard was an option and the rest is history.
Evil stuff.

R181

Grumpy old man
Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm is the only substance known to mankind that I'm allergic to.
For years I thought I had very sensitive skin because I had a rash every time I shaved even though I was using Nivea Sensitive.
Not using the stuff convinced me that not having a full beard was an option and the rest is history.
Evil stuff.
Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with the Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm. Yes, no product is perfect for everyone so there will always be outliers whose experiences do not follow the majority of users.

Bob

Estariol

Forum GOD!
Never tried the Sensitive cream, but the balm makes my skin sticky, no matter how little amount i use. Even tried a pea sized amount, which was not sufficient to cover the whole area shaved, still sticky 😕

R181

Grumpy old man
Never tried the Sensitive cream, but the balm makes my skin sticky, no matter how little amount i use. Even tried a pea sized amount, which was not sufficient to cover the whole area shaved, still sticky 😕
Interesting, as I use about a pea sized amount of the Sensitive Skin Balm and found it sufficient enough to do my face. I am averse to most balms I have tried as they do leave my face feeling greasy/oily. Really points out the YMMV concept when it comes to how products work for different people.

Bob

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Tried out both today and I’m impressed. I’ll use both for the rest of the week and report back. Generally, I don’t have sensitive skin or react adversely to products I shave with. Last year, however, I used some Goodfellas aftershave, that had near cologne strength fragrance and it gave me a severe rash which took several weeks to heal.

Vacumatic

Testy
Similar experience to yourself. My horror story was with a major US brand of moisturiser, applied it when I was in Florida as after shave balm, within a couple of hours my skin was red, next morning the skin on my neck and lower face was cracked like a dried up river bed. I applied so much E45 that it looked like a white beard, rubbed it in and then left more on the surface, it took a few days before the cracks healed.

I also have a problem with tartrazine which is meant to be a food colour, for yellow, but it is also found in some soaps and shaving creams, no vicious cracks just a burning itch.

Randy

A balm that never did this to me from Nivea, was the Hemp one. Check it.

Randy

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with the Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm. Yes, no product is perfect for everyone so there will always be outliers whose experiences do not follow the majority of users.

Bob
The balm from Nivea is mediocre at best.
The shaving cream on the other hand is a very good product and if you use more quantity the lather will be thicker.

Check the Hemp Balm Bob and tell me.

R181

Grumpy old man
The balm from Nivea is mediocre at best.
The shaving cream on the other hand is a very good product and if you use more quantity the lather will be thicker.

Check the Hemp Balm Bob and tell me.
Can't say I will try the Hemp Balm as I almost never use a balm after shaving to sooth irritations. I just tried this one to see if it left my face feeling greasy/oily after use like others have in the past. OTH, the Hemp Balm might come in handy should I get some sun or wind burn on the face. I'll keep it in mind should that happen.

Bob

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Evil stuff.
Likewise, it did the same for me. Felt like essence of stinging nettles

Estariol

Forum GOD!
Interesting, as I use about a pea sized amount of the Sensitive Skin Balm and found it sufficient enough to do my face. I am averse to most balms I have tried as they do leave my face feeling greasy/oily. Really points out the YMMV concept when it comes to how products work for different people.

Bob
I guess you could say that, maybe my skin "sucked" it up faster or something, but still became sticky after that. The only balm that suits me is The Body Shop Maca Root one, very possibly the old formulation, because i see that the current one is based on aloe vera. Not thinking it's bad, but the price is too steep for me to try it out and find out it's a "dud" for my skin...

A balm that never did this to me from Nivea, was the Hemp one. Check it.
Will do, thanks for the sugestion! :cheers: