Pass Around New To Wetshaving pass around

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Overwhelmed? Too right.

Before you delve into as-yet-unknown depths of trawling around those awful charity shops that you previously deplored and clandestinely meeting the postman at the gate before she sees yet another parcel, the accepted wisdom is to get to know the tools that you currently have at your disposal. But that's boring and you've got a taste for it now. So here's to your next fix.

This is intended to be a pass around box for new members to sample, replace, and pass to the next newbie. The contents will naturally change over time. For now, there are several soaps, a couple of aftershaves, and several varieties of DE blades. [Spoiler - This includes: Haslinger and Tabac soaps, Super Iridium and Feather blades...]

The first expectation is that you act as gentlemanly (and hygienically, frankly) as you know how. Cut/scoop/carve/decant as appropriate, don't sub all the goodies for whatever you've found in Wilkos, and post it on neatly and promptly. The second expectation is that you intend to stick around and contribute to the forum! After all, we're all junkies here.

List
  1. Looney12345

Last edited:

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Yes please Burgundy! Really great gesture and would love to give some new soaps etc a try... I'm still relatively new to these forums, only a month in and that's a similar length of time to my proper wet shaving experience. Gone a bit mad with RAD but soaps, aftershaves and blades are the next rabbit hole. I've got MWF, Tabac, P&B Spitfire, Speick Cream and Weleda Cream. So if any of those are in the box I'll leave alone, but haslinger has been on the to try list for sure. I'm sure I've a couple of bits I can add into the mix as well :)

1. Looney12345

Last edited:

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Yes please Burgundy! Really great gesture and would love to give some new soaps etc a try... I'm still relatively new to these forums, only a month in and that's a similar length of time to my proper wet shaving experience. Gone a bit mad with RAD but soaps, aftershaves and blades are the next rabbit hole. I've got MWF, Tabac, P&B Spitfire, Speick Cream and Weleda Cream. So if any of those are in the box I'll leave alone, but haslinger has been on the to try list for sure. I'm sure I've a couple of bits I can add into the mix as well :)

1. Looney12345
Not promising that it'll all be interesting to you, since you're already eyeballs deep by the looks of it, but it's a start. These things grow organically.

I joined the other forum in 2012 and there was such a Passaround that had been on the go for about a year before I got in on it. It was quite a big deal in opening my eyes up to what was out there and was partly responsible for my sticking around. That one died a death in September 2014 - hence I started a new one this time last year. I figured ATG could do with one so put together some appropriate bits that I have about the place. Fingers crossed it'll take on a new life.

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Not promising that it'll all be interesting to you, since you're already eyeballs deep by the looks of it, but it's a start. These things grow organically.

I joined the other forum in 2012 and there was such a Passaround that had been on the go for about a year before I got in on it. It was quite a big deal in opening my eyes up to what was out there and was partly responsible for my sticking around. That one died a death in September 2014 - hence I started a new one this time last year. I figured ATG could do with one so put together some appropriate bits that I have about the place. Fingers crossed it'll take on a new life.
I hope it will, I've had a bit of a busy month with the postman, but blades/soaps/aftershave have not really been on the list... Just a lot of SE razors and a Merkur 39C!

If there's things I can add to it, I most certainly will as I think it's a great idea for the newbies amongst us and great for a new forum like ATG :)

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Can I be cheeky and ask if there will be any novel or basic DE's or copy injectors. Razors in the pass around. See so many and wonder are any of them of any use.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Burgundy. Before you pass it around pm me your address and I'll send you a few bits I no longer use but all good stuff to put in it. I was going to PIF them anyway but I'd rather a newbie got the chance to try them as I did.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I'm going to throw my hat into the ring mos this. Will throw in stuff i've brought but not used or not got on with.

Hoping there might some basic DE's to try. I've heard some good stuff about some of the light cheap chinese razors and would love to have a play if anyone wants to through some in. I know it might sound weird but I feel like missed out on the really basic plated tat that might actually be good.

1. Looney12345
2. Mr Bigmem

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Sat on my kitchen table. I can only apologise for the post-holiday delay but, seeing the sorry state of the forum's affairs that emerged this morning, perhaps that's no bad thing. Fingers crossed the situation normalises and the forum can progress.

You ready for it, @Looney12345 ?

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Sat on my kitchen table. I can only apologise for the post-holiday delay but, seeing the sorry state of the forum's affairs that emerged this morning, perhaps that's no bad thing. Fingers crossed the situation normalises and the forum can progress.

You ready for it, @Looney12345 ?
Most definitely, as long as you're OK to send it! I've PM'd you to double check the contents first to make sure it is definitely worthwhile!