Pass Around New To Wetshaving pass around

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Just thinking guys, if this pass around is done for now, may some of the contributors would like there stuff back? e.g. Nishy's brush? The razors that are in there?
Would it be worth splitting the package up and running a few PIFs? Just thinking out loud is all.

If everyone is happy for @The Liquidator to be custodian for a while - I'm cool with that!

The Liquidator

Forum GOD!
@Rowlers,..I'd like to offer an alternative.
In,..."another place"..(koff)...they appear to be starting up a box from scratch and members are falling over themselves to offer stuff to be put in the box.
They are sending their stuff to a member who has agreed to assemble the box and then pass it forward.
As from today. @Daz has delivered the box to me by hand as there is no interest as yet from a potential "next-in-line.
If you are in agreement, maybe we could put it to members on here to contribute their unwanted items for the benefit of our newer mates.
It is too good an idea to let drift away so I'm prepared to be custodian of the box for a couple of weeks to receive any contributions and assemble the box, and if anyone wants to start a new waiting list, I'll send it out in a couple of weeks.
If anyone wants their donated kit back, I'd be happy to send it on.
.......or I could just send the whole thing back to whoever,...
I await all of your views/suggestions, ..and hopefully donations:)

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I actually think it got too big and costly to post. I'd argue that it needs to be smaller and simpler with smaller lightweight bottles etc...
I think we need to get the BBA separated too, as this was as intended by @Emma.BBA ..
Anyone who wants their gear back shout up:okay:
FWIW, my Tech can stay...

The Liquidator

Forum GOD!
I actually think it got too big and costly to post. I'd argue that it needs to be smaller and simpler with smaller lightweight bottles etc...
I think we need to get the BBA separated too, as this was as intended by @Emma.BBA ..
Anyone who wants their gear back shout up:okay:
FWIW, my Tech can stay...
As there has been little or no interest in either they have both been going to the next in line.
Little point in splitting them up as the BBA has proved popular.
If we can't replenish the box, we may as well call it a day and I'll send what's left to you if you wish.

The Liquidator

Forum GOD!
Would it be possible to put a big shout somewhere, a stickie or an announcement so that members who don't follow the newbie thread can see it.
I've got a fair bit of kit of my own to put in but if it's going t*ts-up, I can't see the point:)

The Liquidator

Forum GOD!
Cheers mate,..I'm sure the newcomers must be a bit shy of requesting it
Get your names down!!!!!!.....first name in gets it in 2 weeks....
What you got to lose?.....Nowt!

Daz

Über Member
Some good points gents.
I would suggest that everything that gets put in needs to be labeled so that they can see what they do or don't like.
This type of box can grow to large to move on cheaply I moved one on from a different group and RM charged me about £14.
May be split the box into the different types of product.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Some good points gents.
I would suggest that everything that gets put in needs to be labeled so that they can see what they do or don't like.
This type of box can grow to large to move on cheaply I moved one on from a different group and RM charged me about £14.
May be split the box into the different types of product.
This was point too. As much as folks want to try out lots of stuff, I doubt it is worth £14 to try 'em!

Daz

Über Member
This was point too. As much as folks want to try out lots of stuff, I doubt it is worth £14 to try 'em!
I tend to use the pass a rounds to get an idea of the scents etc, as we don't have so many bricks and mortar stores.
Maybe that might be another thread a list of stores that carry a decent range of products?

The Liquidator

Forum GOD!
It would have to be very big to cost £14......I have a darn sight more than £14's worth of wasted kit at the back of my cupboard.
I've picked up lots of stuff after sampling them from a couple of passarounds.
Sorry, but as long as the samples are clearly labelled, I still think it's a great idea for newbies.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
It would have to be very big to cost £14......I have a darn sight more than £14's worth of wasted kit at the back of my cupboard.
I've picked up lots of stuff after sampling them from a couple of passarounds.
Sorry, but as long as the samples are clearly labelled, I still think it's a great idea for newbies.
Don't get me wrong here @The Liquidator, I am 100% behind this; I too found some great products that I would like to buy following the try out from the pass-around. The products were clearly labelled and I had no issues here...Also, if it gets replenished with different items, many who have already been may be willing to have another go...

The Liquidator

Forum GOD!
Don't get me wrong here @The Liquidator, I am 100% behind this; I too found some great products that I would like to buy following the try out from the pass-around. The products were clearly labelled and I had no issues here...Also, if it gets replenished with different items, many who have already been may be willing to have another go...
I quite agree about members giving it another go, incidentally, I'm not the only one who has mentioned the un-named soap samples that even if you like them, you wouldn't have a scooby what to ask for.