New Simpson synthetic

owlman

Forum GOD!
Can anyone compare it with the AP Shave Co SynBad?
The SynBad feels like one super-soft unit on the skin, if that makes sense. With the T3, I can feel that the knot consists of individual fibres. In terms of softness, I'd put the Simpson proper, Timberwolf and certainly the SynBad above it, as well as the STF (but that one's softness seems to vary a bit based on knot size and form, so I understand why some people won't).

Boycie83

Forum GOD!
The SynBad splays more easily initially...the T2 has more resistance initially but once past that initial resistance it splays readily. Another way of describing the difference is the T2 is more springy. The Simpson fibres also have a softer face feel than the SynBad fibres
Spot on!

wintoid

Out of control
The SynBad feels like one super-soft unit on the skin, if that makes sense. With the T3, I can feel that the knot consists of individual fibres. In terms of softness, I'd put the Simpson proper, Timberwolf and certainly the SynBad above it, as well as the STF (but that one's softness seems to vary a bit based on knot size and form, so I understand why some people won't).
I'm in agreement with you. Strange, we (all of us) seem to have 2 different sets of opinions. I would have described the T3 as quite stiff and much less soft than most other brushes I have. It's still a great brush though. Quite scrubby for a synth.

Cheesepiece

Gold Member No. 8
Boys and girls, Shaving Station have a VIP scheme. If you drop them a quick email they will add your account to the scheme and prices update across the site. Re: Simpson Trafalgars, including UK delivery
T2 £16.62
T3 £19
Having followed this thread closely as I liked the look of the Simpson I now find I have one on order, the T3.

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I purchased a new T3 recently and it struck me that the hair is identical to the knot in a DC Cosmetics brush and the glue bump was pretty large as well. I'm not a great fan of these knots and didn't even get to use the brush before I passed it on. Overall, I was quite disappointed with it.