New Simpson "Sovereign" fibre brushes.

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
I had an interest as well.....but I have a 'thing' about glue bumps.
...yes I have to agree judging by the experience of others that Omega's track record on glue bumps is variable at best and even though the glue bump is negligible on mine it is uneven. However Omega, Simpson and Muhle are the only manufacturuers that had fibres designed and manufactured specifically for themselves and I think it really shows...

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
So, the consensus of opinion is that the Simpson's Sovereign hair is superior to the "Premium" hair?

Are the Trafalgar knots different size for size than the Chubby knots?

Researching all this as we speak..

Railwaychief

Forum GOD!
The answer to your question is quite subjective really. The “ Premium” as the name suggests is the higher grade of hair from a Simpsons perspective as it’s a lot softer in touch and feel on the face, with good backbone. The Sovereign has a more scritchy feel but not in a harsh unpleasant way. The premium being only available in the Chubby 2 size due to fibre size availability. The considerable price band difference supports this.

I have about 8/9 Premium in the Chubby 2 and about 4 in the Sovereign Fibre Chubby 3 all with various custom handles, are they great brushes ? yes they most definitely are. Are they worth the price ? In my honest option most definitely 👍

if you go for the Chubby 3 in Sovereign don’t be put off by the daft lofts ..they do look a bit odd, but as @ Vates comments they do settle down after using for a while. Though I will ask Mark @ Simpsons why the shaping has gone a little bonkers .. as the T range are perfectly symmetrical? As are the Chubby 2 Premiums.

Hope this helps

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
Thanks for the good info..

Thanks to the help of another member here, I just picked a Chubby 2 with Premium hair. I've got a Trafalgar 1, but it's just too small. I do intend to revisit it though..