New Simpson brushes

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I think Mark’s words ‘these brushes will no doubt go on to be very sought after collectibles’ sums up the philosophy behind these brushes.

I just can’t see how they would be used. The handles seem to be far too impractical for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Britva

Eats steel for lunch
I know a little bit about how these came about, and while not all are crowd pleasers, I still consider this to be a tremendous achievement for Raffaele, who obviously made these handles. Some of his other creations are probably going to be easier to appreciate, I'd suggest to check them out on Instagram. There's olive and other exotic wood, not just the oak, which I admit I find a little dull as well. Maybe that's got to do with the fact we all grew up around oak and fail to appreciate it anymore...? If we grew up in Suriname, would snakewood look dull as well?

Simpson prices are what they are... it's got nothing to do with the handles. You ask Mark to sell you a knot alone, and you'll see.

Eddyb

That must be one expensive badger knot!!, I love the look of wood but how does it hold up on a shaving brush, or is the key not to get it wet?.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I know a little bit about how these came about, and while not all are crowd pleasers, I still consider this to be a tremendous achievement for Raffaele, who obviously made these handles. Some of his other creations are probably going to be easier to appreciate, I'd suggest to check them out on Instagram. There's olive and other exotic wood, not just the oak, which I admit I find a little dull as well. Maybe that's got to do with the fact we all grew up around oak and fail to appreciate it anymore...? If we grew up in Suriname, would snakewood look dull as well?

Simpson prices are what they are... it's got nothing to do with the handles. You ask Mark to sell you a knot alone, and you'll see.
No, I like oak, I have a lovely bog oak handle made by @Rowlers senior. The difference is that he made the wood into a handle instead of just sticking the knot in it.

That must be one expensive badger knot!!, I love the look of wood but how does it hold up on a shaving brush, or is the key not to get it wet?.
It depends on how it's been finished. My oak one's oiled, I'm expecting that I'll have to re-oil it at some point and have bought some tung oil ready but haven't needed it yet.