New Colonial Offering - Silversmith DE Razor

Missoni

Fellow Traveller

Coming soon, no pricing yet...here's their blurb...

Today, we want to introduce our first double edge safety razor that we have named The Silversmith. The Silversmith was designed from scratch in-house and inspired by the graceful shapes of 18th century silver teapots crafted by skilled silversmith artisans. Our goal was not to re-invent the classic DE razor, but instead design something that is familiar yet unique in its own way. We believe that we have accomplished this with The Silversmith.

This razor will be CNC machined only in the USA from 316L stainless steel and have a glass bead blast finish. We would rate this razor at a 6/10 in aggression. It is incredibly smooth and efficient due to the rigidly clamped blade.

Last edited:

jeepie

Forum GOD!
The general is incredible so highly tempting!!! Thank you for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lastcoyote

Forum GOD!
Just got their mail on this too. Excited that this is near to market now. Like what I’m seeing. Love the beadblasted finish and overall look of the Silversmith. Length looks good too. I shall be keeping an eye on this. Will look great next to my General.

p.b

Forum GOD!
meh

Don't like the handle and head looks a little chunky. If it wasn't from Colonial I wouldn't be interested at all. However, they have form and know what they're doing so maybe...

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I've been looking forward to this release...

meh

Don't like the handle and head looks a little chunky. If it wasn't from Colonial I wouldn't be interested at all. However, they have form and know what they're doing so maybe...
But I'm with @p.b here. Handle is not good and head does look chunky... not sure what is to like...
But they DID NAIL it with the General...

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I’m have a similar opinion guys.

The handle doesn’t do it for me either, the head, however, does hold some interest for me and it be interested to see whether it adds anything over and above other already established razors.

I must, though, admit that I’m feeling somewhat at saturation point regarding newly released razors and am struggling to feel overly excited about yet another new release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p.b

Forum GOD!
I must, though, admit that I’m feeling somewhat at saturation point regarding newly released razors and am struggling to feel overly excited about yet another new release.
Yes - anyone releasing a stainless steel DE razor right now must be a bit gutted that so many other people have had the same idea at the same time. I feel sorry for those that have invested so much time and energy only to have their efforts swamped by the next release.

p.b

Forum GOD!
In the space of six months we, as a shaving community, have gone from feeling lucky to have so many choices to feeling overwhelmed by all the new and 'untested' razors available to us. Strange isn't it. I'm sure there's an economic model that describes it.

By untested I mean so few reviews that the forums haven't had chance to come to a consensus.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Same. I do like the way this one looks but my first thought was “another one?”.

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
I don't like that handle one bit so I'm out! I am looking forward to the Gem type razor some time down the road though. :)

Last edited:

Nisse

Old geezer
75178442e3a6f3eb5aa0556aa0b77409.jpg

inspired by the graceful shapes of 18th century silver teapots
maybe a razor for the unisex market

Last edited: