New Castle Forbes 1445 shaving cream

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Even with that much product, IMHO, you are using too much :)
It's literally a matter of just 'wiping' the brush onto the cream so that you barely have any on the bristles. All you need is water and then boom! the lather explodes as if out of nowhere.
Yep half an almond sample was enough for 5 passes with lather flying all over the place (an issue I often have with synthetic brushes). I will be using a half a pea sized amount in the future, as I'm not keen on loading from tub with creams. Also I only need 2 passes.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I noticed another thing today, I only used the 1445 balm, not the cream. The balm has stronger notes of clove than the cream.

rum

Forum GOD!
I received a sample just recently and will be taking it out for a spin at the weekend. It smells much softer than the EdP if I may say so, although that was just a whiff. I'm looking forward to it.

rum

Forum GOD!
I received a sample just recently and will be taking it out for a spin at the weekend. It smells much softer than the EdP if I may say so, although that was just a whiff. I'm looking forward to it.
I gave it a spin yesterday. It wasn't half bad. I had to load a bit more than I intended as it's hard to load from the sample pot. That said, the smell is as I remember it. I am quite fussy about performance when it comes to creams and soaps as that is their main job for me - to protect my fussy skin. Feather blade wiped through a good two-three day stubble in no time at all. Post shave feel was great, as expected with this cream. I finished with the most appropriate Nivea for Men Sensitive ASB; perfect for this cold weather. I also have samples of the Lavender and the Limes. I've used the former before and intend to evaluate it again now that I am DE shaving. My skin is unable to adjust to the Limes, which is a shame.

I'll be using the cream again for the rest of the week or until I finish it off. I may get a pot if I find my skin is doing OK with it.

rum

Forum GOD!
I used it again today with the same set-up. Only difference was less of a growth so set my Progress to a lower setting. Still, took everything off very easily as you said. As it's not tallow-based (as my beloved Palmolive), I would say it's easier to wash off this lather and let it run down the sink. It's less 'foamy' than the Palmolive. Post-shave feel though is equally good. I think I would compare this to the Lavender as from experience that was the best CF cream. But it seems that there is a new kid on the block now :)

I can also see 1445 being among the best 'fougere' scents as far as shaving creams/soaps go out there. Plenty of other options of course, but this has got quite some class given the performance.

Will continue to use until my CF samples are used up or moved on. I won't be keeping the Limes one for sure.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I used it again today with the same set-up. Only difference was less of a growth so set my Progress to a lower setting. Still, took everything off very easily as you said. As it's not tallow-based (as my beloved Palmolive), I would say it's easier to wash off this lather and let it run down the sink. It's less 'foamy' than the Palmolive. Post-shave feel though is equally good. I think I would compare this to the Lavender as from experience that was the best CF cream. But it seems that there is a new kid on the block now :)

I can also see 1445 being among the best 'fougere' scents as far as shaving creams/soaps go out there. Plenty of other options of course, but this has got quite some class given the performance.

Will continue to use until my CF samples are used up or moved on. I won't be keeping the Limes one for sure.
Limes was my least favourite too, albeit not having tried sandalwood. Far too sweet, similar to starburst in all honesty. I would love someone to bring out a fragrance based on Indian lime skin, freshly picked of the tree. Whilst doing a charity expedition to base camp everest we came across a lime tree in the Anapurna range. Having trekked for a solid month without a proper shower (platypus system and iodine water) and hand washed clothes the lime tree was a godsend. Sliced the limes and had a gorgeous shower as well as throwing a few in the rucksack to freshen things up. Lovely bitter, sharp almost 'dark' fragrance. Would be interesting to pair this up with either fresh blood orange or red grapefruit and black pepper.