New Bond Movie

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
80's Coupe? I didn't notice one in the trailer.
...at .54...Original V8 Vantage similar to the soft top version in "The Living Daylights" and it's predecessor the DBS in "Her Majesties Secret Service". The original V8 Vantage was probably the last real Aston...

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
...at 2:46...Original V8 Vantage similar to the soft top version in "The Living Daylights" and it's predecessor the DBS in "Her Majesties Secret Service". The original V8 Vantage was probably the last real Aston...
The trailer above is only 2:46 long.

p.b

Forum GOD!
The original V8 Vantage was probably the last real Aston...
When you say 'real' Aston I presume you mean one built like a tractor, powered by an engine they couldn't calibrate, with electrics they couldn't fathom and peppered with parts bin switches? Honestly there's a lot of romantic nonsense in these small independent manufacturers. Those old V8 cars could accelerate with much drama but that was it. They were basically old dogs.

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
When you say 'real' Aston I presume you mean one built like a tractor, powered by an engine they couldn't calibrate, with electrics they couldn't fathom and peppered with parts bin switches? Honestly there's a lot of romantic nonsense in these small independent manufacturers. Those old V8 cars could accelerate with much drama but that was it. They were basically old dogs.
...yes hat's the one; the same Vantage enthusiasts are prepared to pay several hundred thousand for. "Built like a tractor..." of course, the same could be said about many 70's or 80's small volume sports cars; but I suspect buyers want these cars for something intangible and not reliability, drivability or parts bin switches. Indeed does anyone buy a classic car for practical reasons. When I was lucky enough to drive one it was visceral in a way my Japanese box is not. Oh and I love my old dog by the way...

Last edited:

p.b

Forum GOD!
...yes hat's the one; the same Vantage enthusiasts are prepared to pay several hundred thousand for. "Built like a tractor..." of course, the same could be said about many 70's or 80's small volume sports cars; but I suspect buyers want these cars for something intangible and not reliability, drivability or parts bin switches. Indeed does anyone buy a classic car for practical reasons. When I was lucky enough to drive one it was visceral in a way my Japanese box is not. Oh and I love my old dog by the way...
Yes - they have features / flaws / characteristics. But why is it more real than a modern one?

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
Yes - they have features / flaws / characteristics. But why is it more real than a modern one?
...because the DBS / Vantage was the last AM signed off by the tractor boss David Brown; the last AM to be entirely hand built. The last AM engine designed by Tarek Marek. It was in essence an in-house vehicle, hand built in tiny numbers; one man's vision. Ford control and money during the 1980's ended that approach, no doubt for sound commercial reasons.

Chief Brody

Forum GOD!
The trailer for "No Time to Die" looks promising...

View: https://youtu.be/VTnDYxwhSaI
I'm really looking forward to this film. As some have mentioned, I have mixed feelings about Craig's Bond films too. The whole Blofeld-Bond -brother(ish) plot of Spectre was terrible. Waltz is a fantastic actor, really hope more his done with his character. Really like the look of the motorbike jumping over the wall! Some great footage on Youtube taken by locals at the time. Hoping to see it at the local Imax cinema.

Last edited: