New and need advice

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
God damn should have shown more interest, maybe I'd have got an informative PM!
As suspected though, looks like some of your fell for it! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Emthor

Veteran
Hi Siobhan, first of all welcome! :)

My girlfriend got interested in DE-razors soon after i did. She started out by saying that they look scary, but gives her a closer more comfortable shave.
Just like it does with most men.

Hope you'll enjoy your time here :)

Pattorashu

Senior Moment
So, one of my review guys I watch on youtube got this in the mail (they review everything, but mostly as seen on TV stuff, not just shaving stuff)

Seems pretty interesting, and the pivoting head might make, uh, curvy surfaces easier.

Anyone here tried it?

Koiguchi

double edge safety razors are safe for women to use?
Sir,

My hobby is selling ladies DE razors to them. After doing this for 6 years, Ive found out I can not pry them razor out of their hands.

In fact, (funny story alert). The Mrs and I went to dinner and one of the ladies that Id sold a Starburst blue to several years before came up to us, gave me a hug and said " I think of you every time I am in the shower" The Mrs was amazed. She uses a Schick :-(

The ladies starburst blue are the cheapest. Gold is next and the pink Ive not seen one in my hand yet. Kind of rare.
They come in different grades. You only want a pristine or restored ones. They run about $40-80.

2552ac0e52461e706c41f5a11cb32548.jpg

Left to right:

Blue: service grade
gold: rebuildable
pink: either pristine or fine (that is a $200 razor)
blue: rebuildable
blue: pristine

Going by the handles only. The surface of the doors is the deciding factor.
I have seen pristine handles with rebuldable or worse doors and bases.

If you are shoping on E-Bay, it they do not show crisp pictures form many angles or do not show the doors, stay away

Last edited:

Koiguchi

Like I said, I would not have bought either of those two. They might be service grade or less.
The ten buck one you can send off to be rebuilt ($55-70)

Note all the pictures, and from every angle.

This is a killer buy, pristine and cheap.....

Rasorium

Legendary Member
It’s Percy Nobleman, the only one I could find in my local store
My wife gifted me one of these last Christmas. Good looking razor but it bites a bit! Tried several blades in it but couldn’t find a happy medium. The thread on mine is a bit bent by my eye and I think it has an impact on the blade alignment.