Need a recommendation for a shiny finish.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
My Peugeot seems to be really attracting the crud off these Devon roads. I’ve never known a car to be such a magnet. The Skoda seems to fend it off.

So can anyone recommend a wax / top coat that will act as a repellent and keep it at least half shiny. But, I don’t want anything I’m going to have to spend hours on applying, not with my dodgy knee. I’ve seen ad’s for ceramic “polish”, is that any good ? I’ve used Auto Glym in the past, but I’d like something longer lasting.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
It seems ages since I gave my car a proper going over, I don't seem to have the time anymore.

I have used Autoglym super resin polish many times, it forms a great base for a wax or sealant.

I can recommend G Techniq sealants, I think it's C2. It's very easy to use and apply and lasts very well. It is very good at repelling water.

There's probably newer easier coatings available now though, I kind of lost touch with that stuff a while ago.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
It seems ages since I gave my car a proper going over, I don't seem to have the time anymore.

I have used Autoglym super resin polish many times, it forms a great base for a wax or sealant.

I can recommend G Techniq sealants, I think it's C2. It's very easy to use and apply and lasts very well. It is very good at repelling water.

There's probably newer easier coatings available now though, I kind of lost touch with that stuff a while ago.
Same here on losing touch. I went in to Halfords earlier today and gave up ! I just want something that goes on quick, does a decent job and lasts a bit. I haven’t got half a day to mess about with clay bars and the likes.

Hmm, as an avid car detailer it all depends on what you can give in time.

Always wash with 2 buckets, 1 rinse 1 wash

Always use a good wash mitt...no sponge

Dry with a quality towel...no chamois

Then how much time you got? If you aren’t bothered about the defects in your paint then buy a tub of Finish Kare 1000p (FK 1000p). Apply as thin as a gnats chuff & buff with a quality cloth.

Use a quality shampoo for subsequent washes. 2 layers of FK should see you good for 3-5 months

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Same here on losing touch. I went in to Halfords earlier today and gave up ! I just want something that goes on quick, does a decent job and lasts a bit. I haven’t got half a day to mess about with clay bars and the likes.
Have a look at the C2 G Techniq stuff for over your Autoglym, it's almost like a spray on, wipe over and done sealant.

Rob99

Forum GOD!
I like mequiars, mothers and poorboy.

Easy to use.
And they have also a spray wax, which is easy to apply

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!

Wayne

Forum Sod
I have just bought this to put on my new car, I'm no detailer, it's just to help with it being black. 'Cos no matter what I do, the moment it rains, shines or it moves it's gonna be blathered. Got decent write up and only cost me £7.00 odd from Amazon.
no1.jpg

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Hmm, as an avid car detailer it all depends on what you can give in time.

Always wash with 2 buckets, 1 rinse 1 wash

Always use a good wash mitt...no sponge

Dry with a quality towel...no chamois

Then how much time you got? If you aren’t bothered about the defects in your paint then buy a tub of Finish Kare 1000p (FK 1000p). Apply as thin as a gnats chuff & buff with a quality cloth.

Use a quality shampoo for subsequent washes. 2 layers of FK should see you good for 3-5 months
Out of interest why no to the chamois?

Out of interest why no to the chamois?
It Marrs the paint, modern paint is soft. When you pull up against a dark car in the sun, look at the dull paint, like it’s had butter smeared on it.

A Chamois will trap very fine grit in the surface & younthen transfer that grit onto the car. A buffing towel has long strands & any fing grit gets trapped & away from the paint.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
It Marrs the paint, modern paint is soft. When you pull up against a dark car in the sun, look at the dull paint, like it’s had butter smeared on it.

A Chamois will trap very fine grit in the surface & younthen transfer that grit onto the car. A buffing towel has long strands & any fing grit gets trapped & away from the paint.
That is interesting and yes I've seen that butter or smeared look. Will stop using the chamois :)