Name me some aggressive razors at reasonable prices pls

• Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2936

Hey people so just stumbled across the muhle r41, looks like a nice razor with a bit of bite

I'mopen to all I don't discriminate lol
please name me some obviously had to be at a reasonable price

I'm still to try my fatip slant razor so still on the fence with slant razors until I actually get around to trying it

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
Hi Saj,
A Merkur Futur should be on your shortlist. I always use setting 1 and it's a beast on that setting. Careful handling rewards great results. The large head is no problem under the nose, just come in sideways with the corner of the blade so no problems there.
In fact I haven't used it for a while so tomorrows sotd will be with the Futur. (There is a clone by QShave)
Cheers,
Nick

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2936

Hi Saj,
A Merkur Futur should be on your shortlist. I always use setting 1 and it's a beast on that setting. Careful handling rewards great results. The large head is no problem under the nose, just come in sideways with the corner of the blade so no problems there.
In fact I haven't used it for a while so tomorrows sotd will be with the Futur.
Cheers,
Nick
hey @N0ggie ive got the qshave futur clone, dont know how heavy it is compared to the original merkur futur but it has some weight to it which i like, yea can be a bit more aggresssive on the higher settings paired with the gillette nacet blades (think that was what i used off the top of my head)

some peeps on other forum mentioned the ikon tek razor dont anything about it though tbh

hope you have a great shave mate :)

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
I bought my bro the QShave but I never tried it. It was a solid piece of kit from what I remember so I guess if you have that already & didn't feel like getting a Futur then give it a miss.
If you have just stumbled across an R41 then that's my second recommendation. I really like them too, mine doesn't get much use but I always get a great result from it. Might use that tomorrow now you got me thinking, I'll flip a coin in the morning.
I don't know about the Ikon, not even seen one so I can't comment on that one. 👍

D

Deleted member 2936

I bought my bro the QShave but I never tried it. It was a solid piece of kit from what I remember so I guess if you have that already & didn't feel like getting a Futur then give it a miss.
If you have just stumbled across an R41 then that's my second recommendation. I really like them too, mine doesn't get much use but I always get a great result from it. Might use that tomorrow now you got me thinking, I'll flip a coin in the morning.
I don't know about the Ikon, not even seen one so I can't comment on that one. 👍
mate i got it on amazon uk with a stand and razor leather cover to cover the head for like £20 or something like that delivered, its really nice, ive also got the baby futur the chinese adjustable razor which im yet to use too

mate shave one side with the futur on the highest setting and the other with the muhle r41 with the same brand de blade, just a crazy suggestion haha

btw am i right in thinking the muhle r41 comes in both closed and open comb?

if so, id assume the open comb would be more aggressive, right?

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
The R41 isn't quite an open comb. The teeth are not separated, they are just deep so I would say it's like a hybrid of both, almost oc and closed style of bar. I'm not aware of any other plate for an R41.
I have never used the Futur on setting 6 but I can imagine it is more extreme than the R41, can't say I'm itching to try the Futur on 6 but there are plenty of folk on YouTube doing it.
As ever, just go steady when using them razors and they are great. They are keepers in my little collection for sure 👍

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2936

The R41 isn't quite an open comb. The teeth are not separated, they are just deep so I would say it's like a hybrid of both, almost oc and closed style of bar. I'm not aware of any other plate for an R41.
I have never used the Futur on setting 6 but I can imagine it is more extreme than the R41, can't say I'm itching to try the Futur on 6 but there are plenty of folk on YouTube doing it.
As ever, just go steady when using them razors and they are great. They are keepers in my little collection for sure 👍
cool when i was searching online even on the muhle website and on amazon its advertised as open comb, hence why i was confused because the youtubers using it seems to have closed combs on their razors but as you say might be a bit of a hybrid so to speak

obviously up to you but you could always just test the waters and see how it goes one or two stroke, maybe?

i was actually thinking of getting the original merkur futur but i just cant justify the extra cost compared to these clones as i hear these clones perform very well compared to the original merkur futur

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
If Muhle say OC then fair enough, it's classed as that. Some might say it isn't quite that though.

I would go for an R41 at least first. It's less outlay for a start, it's got what you are looking for in an agressive piece. They are fun to use & really not as scary as is made out. They are a quality razor for the money, I can't fault it.

D

Deleted member 2936

If Muhle say OC then fair enough, it's classed as that. Some might say it isn't quite that though.

I would go for an R41 at least first. It's less outlay for a start, it's got what you are looking for in an agressive piece. They are fun to use & really not as scary as is made out. They are a quality razor for the money, I can't fault it.
cool how muhc did you pick up your muhle r41 for? if you dont mind me asking mate

yea price range does seem really good between £30-£40 for a brand new de razor

D

Deleted member 2936

Try a Gillette Fat Boy or Slim at a #9 setting or a regular Fatip OC.

Bob
yea used the slim at 9 which was fine but that was with a voskhod which i dont really rate as the most sharpest, more on an average scale imo YMMV

D

Deleted member 2936

@N0ggie i also understand that the earlier muhle r41 are slightly more efficent and aggresive, is that right?

R181

Grumpy old man
yea used the slim at 9 which was fine but that was with a voskhod which i dont really rate as the most sharpest, more on an average scale imo YMMV
I doubt then that the Fatip slant would bother you. I really enjoy the one I have.

Bob

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
The Pearl flexi can be as agressive as you want it to be. If you buy it from a UK dealer there shouldn‘t be much hassle in the odd chance of quality issues.