Mystery DE Blades

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Unfortunately they are terrible. Think Voskhod, but the Soviet era version. Rough and tuggy to the extreme.

If anybody needs 198 DE blades for craft / industrial purposes, you are welcome for the cost of postage.
I bet a few goes with the mystery blade must have made the Gillette Spoiler feel like shaving with the greatest blade ever!

May as well use a broken bottle than pay postage for these
I had a shave with a Tian Li SS, a blade I bought off Aliexpress and it was like shaving with a rusty baked bean left outside in the rain for a few years.

The blade was an enigma, felt really sharp but at the same time it was really tuggy and couldn't do anything.

Never again.

TobyC

Patriot
A while back (years?) there were some medical supply blades that I referred to as "The Blade From Hell" at Badger & Blade, anyone remember the company name?

SeanC

Forum GOD!
I bet a few goes with the mystery blade must have made the Gillette Spoiler feel like shaving with the greatest blade ever!

I had a shave with a Tian Li SS, a blade I bought off Aliexpress and it was like shaving with a rusty baked bean left outside in the rain for a few years.

The blade was an enigma, felt really sharp but at the same time it was really tuggy and couldn't do anything.

Never again.

Another theory is that these could have been for prisons. Using them being part of the punishment

TobyC

Patriot

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Another theory is that these could have been for prisons. Using them being part of the punishment
As if the incarceration, bad food and unwanted sodomy wasn't bad enough.

That was a great thread.

Was it ever established who made the Graham Field Med Prep blades? They looked like Personna made ones, and even though they make some excellent ones (Lab Blue, Med Prep) they make some stinkers as well (Tomy, & the barber blades supposedly)

TobyC

Patriot
As if the incarceration, bad food and unwanted sodomy wasn't bad enough.

That was a great thread.

Was it ever established who made the Graham Field Med Prep blades? They looked like Personna made ones, and even though they make some excellent ones (Lab Blue, Med Prep) they make some stinkers as well (Tomy, & the barber blades supposedly)
They were made in the US, so Personna is the likely perp, I think that was the general consensus at the time. I may still have some somewhere.