My modest razor collection...

Gasman

Forum GOD!
20180108_193944.jpg
20180119_022159.jpg
Strops? I dont have a pic on my phone. Tomorrow

Found one. I have socks on my strops to keep them clean and on the bottom edge of the covers is the name or type of strop. Also a pic of the inside of my cabinet drawers...

Last edited:

Nisse

Old geezer
I am planning to make a shoebox sized wooden case to house my straight razors and been thinking about different ways (aka the easiest way) to create racks to be covered with cloth

Last edited:

Gasman

Forum GOD!
I made the socks with a split up the back about half way up. Makes it easier to slip the sock up and get to the strop without having to remove it.

In my drawers i laid a piece of plywood in the bottom that fits loosely to mount the racks too. Kept me from damaging the drawers in any way.
I made a frame that fits the drawer snug and cut the satin to be big enough to set in the slots of the racks and have a little more room for fluff. Attached with double sides tape to the frame.
It was easy to do and has a nice look. I could have done it many ways and could fit more razors per drawer but i went this way. Here is a close up...

15543128395532760085892194422745.jpg

Maybe it will help others to get ideas for fancy storage. I also put a few desiccant packets under the satin to help with any moisture.

Nisse

Old geezer
Got two small wooden boxes left over from Christmas, held some cheese delicatessen, going to copy your design but scaled down to suit 6 razors each.

DSC3110.jpg

edit: tested, Heljestrand will fit no problem but this Bengall is a tight fit, might try slanting racks

Last edited:

Gasman

Forum GOD!
I think i covered it all, but just ask if something wasnt clear. Good luck. Angling might loose ya a little space but we do what we must.

My first plan was to angle at 45 degrees in both directions having the tails together. Like upside down V. But i was lacking room.