My latest brush project. Monster brush.

Discussion in 'Shaving Brushes' started by Gasman, May 15, 2019.

1. Gasman

Gasman Über Member

I got this handle from a friend in Vienna Austria. He believes it was a display piece at one time. I showed interest in it and he just shipped it to me here in the states. It passed thru a couple people making it way to me by his friends traveling the world so it took some time to get to me.
    When it arrived i had forgotten about it so it was even more of a surprise when it showed up. Hollow brass with a stainless collar. Weighs Almost a full pound. I ordered a 30mm Badger knot for it and got the knot last night. After a quick washing of the knot and drying i stuck in it this handle for sizing. I will need to open the handle just a little at the top so i can set the knot down a little more but its going to be a big heavy brush.

It will get used from time to time but being the size that it is, mainly a display piece. This is why I didn't buy a top quality knot for it. Its just a little to large and heavy to be an every day brush. I still haven't polished the handle or glued the knot in this picture but just wanted to show what Im working on...

20190515_105420.jpg

2. Nisse

Nisse Veteran

2018.jpg
    Skål!
    I would skip brush idea and use it as a heavy duty bullet proof "glass" for snaps/akvavit/vodka!

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Gasman and Blademonkey like this.
  3. Gasman

Gasman Über Member

Its finished. Glued it up yesterday. Polished and ready for todays shave. Too late to use as a shot glass. Lol.
    20190517_105212.jpg

30mm knot, 55mm loft, 5 inches tall and weighs in at 14 ounces. I can see lather everywhere.

MntnMan62, Rowlers, Nisse and 3 others like this.
  4. Gasman

Gasman Über Member

A couple of pics of the brush. The last one is after clean-up showing the splay.
    Sure fills a scuttle!

20190518_110352.jpg 20190518_110303.jpg 20190518_120203.jpg

MntnMan62, Rowlers and halvor like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice