MWF Shave Stick

R181

Grumpy old man
There is a long thread on MWF shave soap in which quite a few people, myself included, have admitted frustration in getting a good lather from it. There might be a solution for those that have trouble lathering the puck. That is why I am posting this.

Many years ago, a member of another forum very kindly sent me a MWF shave stick that he had made for me to try and see if it would work better for me. Perform better it did. Every time I use this shave stick I am rewarded by an excellent lather. I still have no idea why this works for me and I still struggle with MWF in puck form.

All you need to try this is a cheese grater, some water and a push up container, empty deodorant container should do, to put the grated MWF into.

Bob

MWF-Shave-Stick.jpg

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
There is a long thread on MWF shave soap in which quite a few people, myself included, have admitted frustration in getting a good lather from it. There might be a solution for those that have trouble lathering the puck. That is why I am posting this.

Many years ago, a member of another forum very kindly sent me a MWF shave stick that he had made for me to try and see if it would work better for me. Perform better it did. Every time I use this shave stick I am rewarded by an excellent lather. I still have no idea why this works for me and I still struggle with MWF in puck form.

All you need to try this is a cheese grater, some water and a push up container, empty deodorant container should do, to put the grated MWF into.

Bob

View attachment 48249
After I saw this MWF shave stick on your SOTD post I searched hi and low on the Internet and even visited the Mitchell's website to no avail, now I know why! :) P

R181

Grumpy old man
After I saw this MWF shave stick on your SOTD post I searched hi and low on the Internet and even visited the Mitchell's website to no avail, now I know why! :) P
The fellow did a very nice professional job on making the shave stick complete with the shrink wrap label. It would be easy to think it was a stock item in the MWF line. Really too bad they don't have one in their line up of products.

Bob

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
The fellow did a very nice professional job on making the shave stick complete with the shrink wrap label. It would be easy to think it was a stock item in the MWF line. Really too bad they don't have one in their line up of products.

Bob
He did do a very good job on the stick, i thought it was the real deal! :) P.

R181

Grumpy old man
I have a DIY MWF shave stick that I use on travel. I quite enjoy it but did like loading on the puck better.
The problem for me is that using the puck does not work all that well for me whereas the DIY MWF shave stick really does. Love to know why that is.

Bob

Nav

Forum GOD!
The problem for me is that using the puck does not work all that well for me whereas the DIY MWF shave stick really does. Love to know why that is.

Bob
When I have this difference between puck and stick, it's usually down to me not loading enough from the puck.

Zwilling

Kamisori shaver
I need to try this MWF shave stick thing. As time goes on, I increasingly cannot be arsed with shaving bowls, brush loading etc. Having hard London water doesn't help either. A stick works every time for me, and saves time and clean up.

R181

Grumpy old man
I need to try this MWF shave stick thing. As time goes on, I increasingly cannot be arsed with shaving bowls, brush loading etc. Having hard London water doesn't help either. A stick works every time for me, and saves time and clean up.
If by shaving bowl you mean bowl lather, face lathering would eliminate the need to clean the bowl. All my life I never bowl lathered till I read about it on different shave forums and had to try it out. I did and found out all it did was create the need to clean the bowl when finished shaving. Needless to say that was a short-lived experiment.

OTH, making a MWF shave stick should be an interesting project. As I like ARKO, I found that very easy to make fit a screw up container because it is very mailable when you warm it up by rolling it in your hands. That assumes you like the scent of ARKO which I do.

Bob

1964geo

Forum GOD!
I had a difficulty in the past. I just use the mwf puck as a shave stick. Just a dip in the water and rub puck on my face. Hasn't failed.