Mundane News

Boycie83

Space Cadet
Followed in @Northam Saint 's footsteps and bought an inflatable hot tub. Primarily for the kids but we're planning on enjoying it as well. Finally got it up and running today after fighting with the chemicals - I'd make a crap chemist! >36 hour labour of love to get the thing up and running. Just in time for the phenomenal increase in electricity costs.

Kids were made up though - for an hour. Now they're bored of it.....

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Followed in @Northam Saint 's footsteps and bought an inflatable hot tub. Primarily for the kids but we're planning on enjoying it as well. Finally got it up and running today after fighting with the chemicals - I'd make a crap chemist! >36 hour labour of love to get the thing up and running. Just in time for the phenomenal increase in electricity costs.

Once you have the chemicals sorted it’s just a case of weekly testing and the odd top up. Ours goes away for the winter, would be a little pricey to keep up to temp during the cold months. What you will have to watch for is the water bill, costs a lot to fill. The water company rang us after they read it following a fill, they were concerned we may have a leak ! It can be so relaxing though.

We didn’t get in ours much this year, the troublesome neighbours put us off using our garden. He we found was staring over the back fence from the backdoor at us. His dogs also bark a lot and try to wind ours up.

Estariol

Forum GOD!

Weeelll... You know what that means, regarding your time in it, right?

Vacumatic

Testy
If I've learned anything while watching Traffic Cops out of boredom, it's that they can test for drugs at the roadside 🤔
I don't know how people can drive a car when they are full of coke and everything else.

If I had all those drugs I wouldn't even be able to find the car.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Ah, thought it'd be a case of seeing them smoking in the car, driving off then someone calling it in
In theory, but I doubt our local Police would act quick enough. It was a good half hour before they came when they were rowing and chucking stuff at each other.

Last edited:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Energy supplier's gone bust :(
We were talking about this at work. Considering a while ago someone was touting renationalising the Gas industry this suits I’d imagine rather well. I mean the companies shrinking and being consolidated in to other companies wouldn’t that make it all easier? I’m no believer in conspiracy theories etc, but could I be smelling something here ? Probably not ?

sev-8

Forum GOD!
We were talking about this at work. Considering a while ago someone was touting renationalising the Gas industry this suits I’d imagine rather well. I mean the companies shrinking and being consolidated in to other companies wouldn’t that make it all easier? I’m no believer in conspiracy theories etc, but could I be smelling something here ? Probably not ?
I'm sure if they renationalised, everyone would complain of inefficiencies and high prices.

Hadn't really thought about conspiracy theories, but how about the oldest companies will survive who have the fewest customers on fixed price deals and contribute the most to lobbying certain political parties. I don't know if that's actually true, but it doesn't need to be. It's a conspiracy theory

Wayne

Forum Sod
Just in case anyone is interested, following the Dog's passing I embarked upon a full house revamp. It is now nearing fruition with only the living room left to finish, decorating is done but with a delivery date of mid Nov for the new Sofa's we are waiting on them and the new carpet. No use putting old sofa's on a new carpet, feet dents won't be in same place and all that crap.
The good news is the once Dining room is now my man cave for my Hi-Fi, record collection and T.V.
Here she is. Modern and finished. A World away from the crap 80's Brown furniture and beige walls.
972D3C04-4F02-4EEA-AC46-EF421B1009E8.jpeg
A6794366-EF80-43C6-BFA7-16FA0E48B82E.jpeg
71248B26-8EDE-40BC-BB0B-AA9561A6125E.jpeg
049F83DD-5EBC-414A-ABE2-5075D9F78F67.jpeg

Last edited: